QM2 Stateroom advice, please

GeezLouise1

We've just reserved for a late Oct. crossing (Oct.27-Nov.4) Currently, all oceanview and balconies are on special, for the same price. The only balconies offered were really obstructed by huge tenders and lifeboats. So I opted for an oceanview. Turns out this is really near the bow. Have I made a huge mistake? Last time on the QM2 we enjoyed a sheltered balcony, but those aren't available. I'd appreciate any recommendations, I'm not sure I've made the right choice.:confused: Many thanks,

We usually are very near the bow (except for the upcoming holiday where we're fairly far back). I think the oceanview staterooms on 4,5,6 can be a great deal since they extend into the area that would be balcony had that stateroom been a sheltered balcony stateroom. The oceanview stateroom furthest back, next to the forwardmost balcony, has 5 or 6 feet more interior depth than the adjacent balcony stateroom.

QM2 is pretty big so it doesn't pitch much, and on a transatlantic the Captain has great latitude to choose a route that is likely to offer smooth seas. I would not be concerned about rough water and ride comfort, if that's why you're a bit concerned about being so near the front.

In October I'd do what I could to be on the sunny side of the ship - starboard side on an eastbound or port side on a westbound - even in an OV.

QM2 is pretty big so it doesn't pitch much, and on a transatlantic the Captain has great latitude to choose a route that is likely to offer smooth seas. I would not be concerned about rough water and ride comfort, if that's why you're a bit concerned about being so near the front.

In October I'd do what I could to be on the sunny side of the ship - starboard side on an eastbound or port side on a westbound - even in an OV.

Thanks, we are starboard, travelling east. We do have one of the ones nearer the balconies. I am worried about the motion in the OV. The balconies available were obstructed and wow, were they ever ORANGE:D. I'd rather not see that for the voyage. I appreciate your advice!

We've just reserved for a late Oct. crossing (Oct.27-Nov.4) Currently, all oceanview and balconies are on special, for the same price. The only balconies offered were really obstructed by huge tenders and lifeboats. So I opted for an oceanview. Turns out this is really near the bow.

Here’s two photos of a QM2 Ocean View Cabin, showing the extra space available:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/4592673683/in/set-72157623902207769

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/4592674177/in/set-72157623902207769

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage! :)

Isue have been in one of these ocean view rooms. They really are much bigger No movement to any degree . I was travelling on my own so plenty or room for everything!

Thanks for this, my panic has subsided! The additional space will be a bonus too!

We usually are very near the bow (except for the upcoming holiday where we're fairly far back). I think the oceanview staterooms on 4,5,6 can be a great deal since they extend into the area that would be balcony had that stateroom been a sheltered balcony stateroom. The oceanview stateroom furthest back, next to the forwardmost balcony, has 5 or 6 feet more interior depth than the adjacent balcony stateroom.

You're right about the extra space. Also being in that location the only real motion you'd notice is up & down. Really not that bad at all even in rough seas. On QV/QE it's much different in that location. A LOT more motion up & down also sideways! They're cruiseships & not ocean liners.

Archived