Oasis Of The Seas - 7Two Monday 7:30pm

I took a "virgin" cruiser with me last cruise for 12 days to the South Pacific. She just had one carry-on! I was very impressed! Mind you, when she left with all her purchases, she had stacks to take off with her!

I've heard about those who just take carry-on but it's not something I've been able to do - you need luggage just for formal outfits for example.

But I still pack the lightest amongst my family so that's something! :-)

Early this year we did some cruises from the US. I was stunned to see how much luggage some people had. One couple had a porter with them with a large trolley with nine cases and the two passengers were each carrying or towing a couple of pieces of hand luggage/suitbag/large plastic bags. That was at the end of a seven day cruise, although they might have been on board for 14 days. :D

Early this year we did some cruises from the US. I was stunned to see how much luggage some people had. One couple had a porter with them with a large trolley with nine cases and the two passengers were each carrying or towing a couple of pieces of hand luggage/suitbag/large plastic bags. That was at the end of a seven day cruise, although they might have been on board for 14 days. :D

It is simply ASTOUNDING to me! Just organising all that luggage - packing it, lugging it to port etc. I'd be in a state of exhaustion before I got on-board!:eek:

Obviously, they don't have to fly to the Port! Seriously though, haven't they ever heard of the laundry service? Much simpler and possibly cheaper than bringing so much with them.

When I pack, like many others, I make sure that all clothing & accessories "mix & match" with everything else or else it stays at home! I'm single so have no-one to "lug" it for me! :)

It is simply ASTOUNDING to me! Just organising all that luggage - packing it, lugging it to port etc. I'd be in a state of exhaustion before I got on-board!:eek:

Obviously, they don't have to fly to the Port! Seriously though, haven't they ever heard of the laundry service? Much simpler and possibly cheaper than bringing so much with them.

When I pack, like many others, I make sure that all clothing & accessories "mix & match" with everything else or else it stays at home! I'm single so have no-one to "lug" it for me! :)

While a lot do drive to Fort Lauderdale where they have massive car park buildings alongside the cruise terminals, thousands upon thousands fly in on cruise day from all over the States. The airport is just over the road. I believe the jets follow each other in , in a day long procession.....bringing in the new passengers and carting away those who get off...:D

18a_zps3c31d4b3.jpg

While a lot do drive to Fort Lauderdale where they have massive car park buildings alongside the cruise terminals, thousands upon thousands fly in on cruise day from all over the States. The airport is just over the road. I believe the jets follow each other in , in a day long procession.....bringing in the new passengers and carting away those who get off...:D

Have you sailed from there David? Personally, I HATE the congestion of big cities so Sydney is quite large enough for me to deal with regarding transportation.

Have you sailed from there David? Personally, I HATE the congestion of big cities so Sydney is quite large enough for me to deal with regarding transportation.

I have not been on a Caribbean cruise from there, but we did call in many years ago on Canberra. We sailed Southampton to Auckland and hit a hurricane in the Atlantic which meant we missed a call to Bermuda and arrived 1/2 day earlier in Fort Lauderdale, so had an overnight there.

It has grown a bit since then....:D:D

Archived