Tapas - Eixample District Barcelona

antoniusp

My suggestion is to head over to the chowhound website. Go to the Spain/Portugal forum and search around. You will find some excellent recs from there. I haven't gone wrong yet with a chowhound suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't recall the name of it, but we went to an excellent tapas restaurant right down the street (and on the corner) from the Avenida Palace Hotel, where we stayed. It was actually next to or maybe two doors down from a pub called Obama! We had gone on a private tour and the guide suggested this tapas place, and said it was the most popular/the best one in Barcelona. I have to say, it was packed, and it was delicious! We sat outside but they had indoor seating on two levels. I am sorry I can't recall the name but I hope those landmarks might help!

I can't recall the name of it, but we went to an excellent tapas restaurant right down the street (and on the corner) from the Avenida Palace Hotel, where we stayed. It was actually next to or maybe two doors down from a pub called Obama! We had gone on a private tour and the guide suggested this tapas place, and said it was the most popular/the best one in Barcelona. I have to say, it was packed, and it was delicious! We sat outside but they had indoor seating on two levels. I am sorry I can't recall the name but I hope those landmarks might help!

That was probably Ciudad Condal at Rambla de Catalunya, 18. It's on the corner. Google it--it is well reviewed--but no website. Open everyday. I plan on eating there in a few weeks. :)

That was probably Ciudad Condal at Rambla de Catalunya, 18. It's on the corner. Google it--it is well reviewed--but no website. Open everyday. I plan on eating there in a few weeks. :)

Yes!! That was it! ENJOY!!! We definitely did!

There's lots of great places in the Eixample, there's a mix of locals and tourists, more so than in the Gothic Quarter.

2 places I am looking at going are Tapas 24 and Cerveceria Catalana - they look wonderful.

Looking for a good tapas bar in the Eiample district of Barcelona.

Would appreciate some suggestions.

Many thanks

I have eaten many times and will again the end of this month at a place called Tapas 24, it is outstanding, I found out about it by watching a TV show called to Spain with Love on the cooking channel. It was picked as the best Tapas Bar in Barcelona, and they were so right. Just google it.

I have eaten many times and will again the end of this month at a place called Tapas 24, it is outstanding, I found out about it by watching a TV show called to Spain with Love on the cooking channel. It was picked as the best Tapas Bar in Barcelona, and they were so right. Just google it.

Thanks for the rec. We'll put this on our list for next year :D

• 2 weeks later...

A picture is truly worth a thousand words!!! The food looks amazing! Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying to figure out some lunch places, too. My husband and I are meeting some friends in Barcelona who happened to plan a cruise the same date we did. Different ships, but we will be there pre-cruise at the same time for a day! So, we hope to meet up with them for lunch.

Just because it seems like we have a bunch of foodies, may I recommend the Barcelona taste tour? They hit a couple of areas and do 3-4 stops per trip, usually 2 for tapas (4 stops when we did it, 2 tapas, 1 bakery, 1 cheese shop).

http://thebarcelonataste.com/

Price includes all the food, and you do go off the beaten path...

Just because it seems like we have a bunch of foodies, may I recommend the Barcelona taste tour? They hit a couple of areas and do 3-4 stops per trip, usually 2 for tapas (4 stops when we did it, 2 tapas, 1 bakery, 1 cheese shop).

http://thebarcelonataste.com/

Price includes all the food, and you do go off the beaten path...

Do you remember what the price per person was? Thank you in advance for any help.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Looking for a good tapas bar in the Eiample district of Barcelona.

Would appreciate some suggestions.

Many thanks

You've already gotten the rec for Cuidad Condal, but I found another place that we liked even more: Bar Mut (pronounced "moot"). Our last day in Barcelona, which was yesterday, we went there for lunch and enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner. It's located on Diagonal Ave very close to Casa Mila, Gaudi's largest residence that is open until 8:00 PM nightly for tours.

Incidentally, Cuidad Condal fell flat on its razon clams; they were filled with grit. It's hard to like the taste of a dish when your teeth are grinding against sand. Fried calamari rings (here called Roman calamari) were fabulous -- tender with a light fried batter.

• 1 month later...

We spent three nights in Barcelona. The first night we were going to Tapas 24, but the line was long and the restaurant small. So we waited at Ciudad Condal about 45 minutes for a table. We drank beer outside the restaurant. We thought it was absolutely delicious.

The second night we went back to Tapas 24 and sat outside. The waiter was in the weeds. The menus were dog eared and dirty and they didn't seem to have any seafood. We decided to leave and headed back to Ciudad Condal. It was earlier in the evening (6:30) and we got two seats at the bar. Best spot to eat. Point and choose. Ask you waiter to choose. Drink some beer or rose or both! Excellent evening.

So then we were hungry late in the evening. We strolled through the Gothic Quarter and came across Taller Tapas across from St. James Cathedral. Totally different atmosphere. They had some salads as tapas as well as the usual. Very, very nice. ** The Taller Tapas on Las Ramblas DOES NOT have the same atmosphere and the menu prices are higher.

After our cruise we at at Ciudad Condal for lunch! Yes, for the THIRD time. That night we went to La Flauta just north of Barcelona University. Wall to wall people. Less expensive than Ciudad Condal. Good, very good actually, but not great.

For those looking for Ciudad Condal. You walk straight up north on Las Ramblas. Pass Plaza Catalunya. Go one more block and its on the far side of the street past the Obama Bar. The food is fresh and excellent.

Archived