Our cruise director

Alaska_baby!

I just received word from my TA about the senior staff on our upcoming cruise to Alaska.

Captain – Alejandro Zanello

Hotel Director – Martin Blanar

Cruise Director – Kirk Detweiler

Maître- D – Valentina Ionita

Going to search threads now to see if anyone has mentioned them/likes them etc :)

Martin was our Cruise Director when we did Alaska on the Shadow back in '08. We also had him as our Hotel Director on the Whisper this past November after his promotion earlier in the year. I found him to be very personable when I spoke with him.

Have fun!

Bon Voyage!

I heard the Maitre D is Marcello Belelli along with Valentina. They are great fun. We met them on the Spirit a couple of years ago.

Emerson Amparo is the head waiter in the main dining room. Great guy too. You was on the Cloud with Jorge for a few years.

Martin is a nice Canadian boy.

Cheers,

ScottToronto

Great crew! Martin is a really nice, great guy. Kirk is a terrific CD--experienced, friendly, approachable, down the earth, nice and talented. invite him to dinner early in the cruise before it gets too hectic.

Valentina is lovely.

The name of the Captain sounds familiar so we probably have sailed with him at some point.

Have a wonderful time!

Martin is a nice guy, but not that wonderful when sorting out problems, even allowing for the 'can't do anything without permission from Head Office'.

Kirk is great fun, gives pretty good Trivia, and really works the CD role to its fullest extent.

Archived