Cruise itinerary differs from port schedule

N00B

I was trying to work out what I would do in each port.

I noticed that on my Princess Itinerary it says the ship is in Grand Turk from 7:00am - 4:00pm.

But then when I'm trying to figure out which other ships might also be in port I noticed that the Port Authority Schedule actually shows the Carribean Princess in port from 7:00am - 12:30pm.

I haven't been there before but a visual of the port looks like it can really only handle 2 large ships at a time and there are 3 scheduled to be there that day with a Carnival ship expected to arrive about .5hr after we depart (13:00) and a HAL ship there all day.

Does this mean that once we actually board we will probably find out that our Grand Turk visit is shorter than the official itinerary says (i.e. the Port Authority schedule is correct), or is there some other explanation for how things work in Grand Turk??

Thanks for any insight.

I was trying to work out what I would do in each port.

I noticed that on my Princess Itinerary it says the ship is in Grand Turk from 7:00am - 4:00pm.

But then when I'm trying to figure out which other ships might also be in port I noticed that the Port Authority Schedule actually shows the Carribean Princess in port from 7:00am - 12:30pm.

I haven't been there before but a visual of the port looks like it can really only handle 2 large ships at a time and there are 3 scheduled to be there that day with a Carnival ship expected to arrive about .5hr after we depart (13:00) and a HAL ship there all day.

Does this mean that once we actually board we will probably find out that our Grand Turk visit is shorter than the official itinerary says (i.e. the Port Authority schedule is correct), or is there some other explanation for how things work in Grand Turk??

Thanks for any insight.

If there is a change in itinerary, then you should have been notified. You can go to your Cruise Personalizer and then the Travel Summary and you'll find a link to Important Notices. An itinerary change would be noted there. Or just call Princess and see what they say...

Thank you. I was able to find the "important notices" section buried pretty deep in my cruise personalizer. And sure enough there are several notices concerning this cruise. Including a change of disembarkation port, a port cancelled completely and replaced with another, and of course the time changes for Grand Turk.

It looks like all but the Grand Turk change have already been incorporated into the current intinerary.

Good thing I wasn't actually taking this cruise for the ports, because we won't be spending much time in any port from the looks of the current schedule.

Where did you find it? I'm not sure where to start digging...

I assume you know how to get into the Cruise Personalizer for your particular cruise.

Once you are there, on the right side of the page you'll find a column of links with the second from the top labeled "Itinerary". Go there.

Once on the Itinerary page, scroll down past the itinerary table and you'll see the "Important Notices".

There use to be a direct link to "Important Notices" but with the recent web-site redesign, I don't see it anymore. As the title says, this is truly an important section and needs to be reviewed regularly.

And sure enough there are several notices concerning this cruise. Including a change of disembarkation port, a port cancelled completely and replaced with another, and of course the time changes for Grand Turk.

A change in the disembarkation port? That is a pretty major change not to have notified you of. How could they change where your cruise ends?

A change in the disembarkation port? That is a pretty major change not to have notified you of. How could they change where your cruise ends?

If this is the repo cruise from New York City to Houston, yes it was changed from Galveston to Houston and is now scheduled to used the Bayport Cruise Terminal. This not a major change as they are not that far apart and anyone flying in would use the same airport for either. Since the Bayport Cruise Terminal is only part way to Galveston it is actually a shorter drive to it from the airports. Best location to stay prior to cruise would be in the NASA area along NASA Road 1.

Archived