Mr. Sancho's entry fee?

39august

I have looked on the website, but I can't tell if Mr. Sancho's charges an entry fee. I am not at all interested in an AI experience. We just want to sit on a pretty beach with an umbrella or palapa and have access to the beautiful Caribbean waters. We would probably buy a couple of beers and an order of nachos. I have seen refernces to Mr. S charging $10 for an umbrella? No charge for loungers? Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from Cozumel and went to Mr. Sanchos. We did not do the AI and opted for the a la carte side. There is no cover charge. You just sit in the chairs on the a la carte side and can order what you want. They do not want you to bring in food or drink from the outside. A lady that I met there said that she pulled out a yogurt to drink and got scolded. She was offended. Just be aware that they are sensitive to that. I think water bottles are ok to bring in.

Cokes are $2.50 for a can. I didn't get anything else. My kids played on the water toys for $12 each.

I am debating whether to do the AI or pay as you go. Does anyone know the prices for food and drinks if we did not do AI?

We got a bucket of beers (5 I think) and 2 frozen drinks and our bill was about $40. Not sure on the individual costs of each. We didn't get any food.

Thanks for the info in this thread. It is one of the many places I am researching to see if we want to go there in December.

If anyone has a menu with pricing, that would be great. :)

Oh also, is there an age limit or height requirement for tthe water toys?

Thanks for the info in this thread. It is one of the many places I am researching to see if we want to go there in December.

If anyone has a menu with pricing, that would be great. :)

Make sure you find out about the beach...

Since it is sandwiched between Nachi and Playa Mia...

Wouldn't want you to have a repeat of the Nachi beach day. :D

(I honestly never thought twice about it, until your review.)

Bill

Make sure you find out about the beach...

Since it is sandwiched between Nachi and Playa Mia...

Wouldn't want you to have a repeat of the Nachi beach day. :D

(I honestly never thought twice about it, until your review.)

Bill

LOL, good point!

I did find a menu for this place with pricing...so for those of you that are also interested:

MrSanchosmenu_zpse183f908.jpg

Since you can see Mr Sanchos while standing on the beach at Nachi Cocum, I would think the sand and beach entry is pretty similar.

But the previous poster said Mr Sanchos is between Nachi and Playa Mia and we were just at Playa Mia and it was not the same. The sand was wonderful there. :confused:

My understanding from my research so far...the 1st picture you posted "may" be a kids pool. Every picture that I ran across so far showed only kids in that pool and it didn't seem too deep.

The other pool was the bigger pool (and I'm thinking it's on the other side of the bar there) and it has the bar stools at the hut and also "tables" in the water for drinks.

Definitely 2 different pools. :)

None that I'm aware of. We've brought our 2 young kids with us on the water toys twice and nobody has said anything about it. No lifeguard on duty, so make sure your kids are safe out there...it isn't shallow. We haven't used life jackets for our kids, but I have seen kids out there with them, so they must have them available if you need them.

Because I also found this picture...

154_dbImg2.jpg

#2 is definitely nicer than #1...

Can't find any pool shots on the actual website.

This is the pool in the AI area. I can't comment on whether there is a 2nd pool in the a-la-carte area because we've always done the AI side.

Archived