Jewel disembarkation in LA: timing and customs questions!

trajan

Hi,

We will be taking the Norwegian Jewel from Vancouver to LA on Sept 1. I have previously cruised from Vancouver direct to Seattle with Princess and we did customs before we got on the shi. Since this cruise stops in Victoria before reaching the US when will customs be done? In Vancouver or at the first US stop in Astoria or in LA?

And our listed arrival time in LA is 8am. When can we expect to be off the ship? Will be booking a limo and they need a time.

Ty for any help!

There's always customs and immigrations in Los Angeles. You should be given a declaration form to fill out and hand to the agent either before you leave the ship or while you're going through the terminal (which was the case for my last couple of times getting off of the Golden).

You may want to tell the company 9:00, but also have their phone number available and call them if it looks like it'll be after that. I've always had the arrangement that our driver will circle around until we call them and say we're at the curb or shuttle island.

I would ask this on the NCL Board. Sometimes immigration is handled differently by cruise line.

I would tell them 9:30 AM to be on the safe side. If you do want to tell them earlier be sure you have their number as Cruisin' Chuck mentioned so you can call them that morning as by then you should have a better sense to disembarkation time frames.

Ty, what date do you arrive in Los Angeles. I tried to look up early September and I don't see your ship listed. I am only asking to see how many ships are in port that day as this makes a difference.

Keith

Archived