Segway in Rome

highlandshores

Has anyone done the Segway tour in Rome? If so, what did you think about it. I did that in the Caribbean and it was great. Thinking of doing it in Rome, but was worried about cutting thru all the people. Maybe in early October it is not that crowded!

• 1 month later...

My 19 yr old son and I just returned from our wonderful Celebrity Silhouette cruise ending in Rome where we stayed one night before flying home. We'd been to Rome before and wanted to experience something a little different so chose a segway tour with Rex Tours and we couldn't have been happier!

We met at their office near the Campo de Fiori and practiced on the segways for 20-30 minutes until we were comfortable and then off we went. Our guides were very patient and mindful of our safety and took us to the best locations for the most wonderful views of Rome. They were very knowledgeable and we learned so much and saw so many incredible sights we wouldn't have experienced if walking. And speaking of walking, how wonderful to zoom past all those poor tourists trudging around in the heat. Rome is built on hills and so much easier rolling up than walking them and at higher speeds so we were able to see more in much less time. I highly recommend Rex Tours. They get great ratings on Tripadvisor that are well-deserved!

Archived