Royal Caribbean should look at the CC homepage poll

I think that some gives the voice of CC too much credit! On a cruise ship of let's say 4,000 people there might be .5 percent (20 people) give or take a few percentage (if you look at roll calls) of people on the ship that is on CC. Poll on here are for the amusement of CC members!

I think they should make one side of the ship non-smoking and the other side smoking. Then let's see which side sells out faster!:)

NCL tried this in the early 90's with the Norway and it failed miserably. It might be different today but I don't see it happening.

I see in your sig you were on a 2/13 sailing of Celebrity Reflection, I imagine you were not able to smoke on your balcony on that ship? Perhaps, OP, Celebrity would be a good choice for you as they have far more restrictive smoking policies.

Yep, your right. Didn't know about the policy till it was too late. Wasn't happy with the idea but i delt with it.

Maybe thats what the OP should do. Deal with it.:)

I think they should make one side of the ship non-smoking and the other side smoking. Then let's see which side sells out faster!:)
Which side sells out first is immaterial to them, they only thing they care about is whether it makes the whole ship sell out faster.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yep, your right. Didn't know about the policy till it was too late. Wasn't happy with the idea but i delt with it.

Maybe thats what the OP should do. Deal with it.:)

On the flip side, though, if a non-smoker who doesn't like the smoke drifting over from next door doesn't know the policy "till it is too late", they are stuck with a balcony that they might not be able to use at all. You, on the other hand, only had to find a different place to smoke. :)

I think the day will come when smoking won't be allowed on balconies. It's a filthy habit and should not be shared with others!

.....I suggest you do not book a balcony on any ship that allows smoking! Maybe you shouldn't book any cruise, as there are still some small allowable area! Stay out of smoker's space as they stay out of yours, for sure.

People can co-exist with a little cooperation and courtesy;)

I think you need to chill and change your "tone".:mad:

PS I don't smoke, FYI....It's never been that bad -- ever.

Have fun on your land excursions:)

Almost half of cruisers have a problem with smoking balcony neighbors.

Wake up RCI! When I pay ten thousand dollars for a suite, I don't want smoke in my face during breakfast!

Half of what cruisers? Oh the half that don't smoke. Oh well non smokers act as if clouds of smoke are just lingering around while the ship is moving. I like to smoke on my suite balcony. If the person next to me has a problem with smoke I would hope that they would let me know. I am a considerate smoker. I would not hog up their balcony time with my smoke. But I also have a right to smoke. If Royal made their ships non smoking what a revenue loss that would be for them. I

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Forums mobile app

We don't smoke but have never had an issue with people smoking next to us. I never try to be negative on these boards, but I get really tired of people blasting smokers as if they are the scum of the earth. They pay for their cruise also, give it a rest. They pay the same for their balcony as you do. Maybe they don't like how you talk on your cruise -so should that be banned??? There is no 2nd hand smoke issue, you are outside.

Let everyone enjoy their cruise. Pretty soon they will ban talking, eating, drinking on balconies as someone will be offended. Let's just all get along and quit complaining about what is not right with the cruise world!!!

On the flip side, though, if a non-smoker who doesn't like the smoke drifting over from next door doesn't know the policy "till it is too late", they are stuck with a balcony that they might not be able to use at all. You, on the other hand, only had to find a different place to smoke. :)

Yep, had to truck on down to deck 5 and slip out the port side.

On the other hand, always been considerate of others. I wont go out on the balcony if the neighbors are out there enjoying themselves. Heck, i dont even smoke in my own house, just walk out the door

They pay for their cruise also, give it a rest. They pay the same for their balcony as you do. Maybe they don't like how you talk on your cruise -so should that be banned??? There is no 2nd hand smoke issue, you are outside.

I don't think smokers should be banned from cruising, but they should be banned from partaking of that habit on balconies where it could affect others. I also don't think loud talkers should be banned from cruising, but they should be banned from being loud on balconies where it could affect others. Whether or not they paid the same is irrelevant.

We don't smoke but have never had an issue with people smoking next to us. I never try to be negative on these boards, but I get really tired of people blasting smokers as if they are the scum of the earth. They pay for their cruise also, give it a rest. They pay the same for their balcony as you do. Maybe they don't like how you talk on your cruise -so should that be banned??? There is no 2nd hand smoke issue, you are outside.

Let everyone enjoy their cruise. Pretty soon they will ban talking, eating, drinking on balconies as someone will be offended. Let's just all get along and quit complaining about what is not right with the cruise world!!!

Thank you:) so well said. Smokers are the scum of the earth. Tired of hearing it. I rather have a smoker next to me than the people who don't wash their hands. Better chance of dying from that than a smoker.

.....I suggest you do not book a balcony on any ship that allows smoking! Maybe you shouldn't book any cruise, as there are still some small allowable area! Stay out of smoker's space as they stay out of yours, for sure.

People can co-exist with a little cooperation and courtesy;)

I think you need to chill and change your "tone".:mad:

PS I don't smoke, FYI....It's never been that bad -- ever.

Have fun on your land excursions:)

There's that Jersey attitude. Love it!!!:D:D:D

We had the same problem on Norwegian. We were on a cruise in Alaska and it was our first balcony. One of my kids has asthma and we were totally overwhelmed and grossed out by the second hand smoke. I just wanted to sit on my balcony and watch the glaciers go by.

I'm a former smoker and I didn't realize just how disgusting it smells until I quit 12 years ago.

I assume I should give up a balcony or even better I guess we should just stay home because I wouldn't want smokers to have to be inconvenienced because they can't sit on their balcony and stink up my cabin.

Thank you:) so well said. Smokers are the scum of the earth. Tired of hearing it. I rather have a smoker next to me than the people who don't wash their hands. Better chance of dying from that than a smoker.

So with you! And the other one that said loud talkers should be banned-really???? Who decides what is loud. I am naturally a louder talker, so I cannot go on my balcony b/c someone might not like it? Please!!!!!:(

So with you! And the other one that said loud talkers should be banned-really???? Who decides what is loud. I am naturally a louder talker, so I cannot go on my balcony b/c someone might not like it? Please!!!!!:(

:rolleyes: Everyone has to be all dramatic about things. Sorry that I suggested you shouldn't be allowed to talk so loud that you disturb your neighbors. That's your right, after all.

Personally, I haven't had that issue on a cruise, but I've definitely been in restaurants where someone two or three tables away was talking so loud that it was hard to carry on a conversation at our table. People simply shouldn't be that loud. It's rude. If you're "naturally" that way, then it's a problem you should work on, unless you just like being rude.

Archived