Do you prefer a boardwalk/Central Park View from you Balcony on Allure or Oceanview?

I had a board walk balcony room near the aqua theatre. I enjoyed being able to look out and watch the hustle and bustle as well as the aqua show. My parents had a Central Park balcony and it was a lot quieter than mine and very nice to sit out and relax. I enjoyed using my brothers ocean balcony as well. If I had a favorite I would say Central Park. Hope this helps!

We had the last boardwalk balcony on deck 9 on Allure last summer and loved it. Saw the ocean, great seats for aqua show and enjoyed the comings and goings of the boardwalk crowd. Never thought it was too loud because we were out enjoying the ship ourselves quite often.

We had a Boardwalk right next to the Aqua Theater we loved it you can see the shows and the wake of the ship... it's very unique you can get an ocean view cabin on any ship. Oasis and Allure are the only ships in the world to have this.

We had the last cabin aft deck 11 over looking the Boardwalk. We loved, loved, loved it because you have a semi private super large balcony right outside your door (the big balconies decks 11, 12 & 14... the ones under are to the Aqua Suites) and for the great views of the Aquatheater shows & activities, views of the wake and the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk. We plan to re-book same area late next year.

We want to take our kids along some time late this year and plan to book side by side central park balconies partly because of their cost effectiveness since we're booking 2 cabins, but also because we LOVED the atmosphere of Central Park at night with the music and crickets. We thought it a very romantic place to sit and enjoy with a bottle of wine.

We also plan to book the Quantum for our 25 year anniversary and plan to book an ocean view balcony for that, so our plans are to enjoy all the types over the next three cruises. We figure the Oasis class have very unique category balconies unavailable anywhere else, so we'll book those when we sail her and ocean view when we're not. All three categories have very special things about them to love and all have great things going for them. I think you'll enjoy whichever one you pick.

I firmly booked Boardwalk Balcony for my Allure cruise. That's the only chance to have a boardwalk balcony, to enjoy BOTH the boardwalk AND the ocean.

We have had oceanview balcony before, and hopefully will have oceanview balcony again in other cruises.

Re : CentralPark view? No thanks. Enough view of beautiful gardens in our tropical islands. You don't have to be on a cruise to enjoy a garden view.

YMMV.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by anandaindonesia
typo

I can see how the Boardwalk aft cabins could be very cool, but one thing to keep in mind is if you have younger kids and plan to use the kids club (Adventure Ocean) it is a really long walk to/from and you may be making that trip a few times per day including with tired kids late at night. For that reason, we were very happy to be right by the forward elevators on deck 11 (only two flights down from Adventure Ocean).

We booked an aft Boardwalk balcony on deck 11 for our upcoming Allure cruise. Glad to hear so many people like them! Will be able to answer this type of question when we get back...in May 2014:D!!

Oceanview before either of those two.

But if I had to choose between one or the other I'd go with Central Park. More peaceful, low speed and quiet. Plus beautiful at night all lit up.

Sort of mixed feelings on this. Have done Boardwalk on both Oasis and Allure, and am doing it again on Oasis this fall. I find we spend very little time in the room on these ships, and really don't use the balcony other than drying wet clothes. You definitely don't get that solitude feeling of an Oceanview balcony, think of it as like an oceanview balcony but having another ship across the pier from you the entire cruise. But then again, when I go out on the balcony I see all the stuff I could be doing (Flowrider, Zipline, ping-pong, mini golf), so I head back out. We find it's just a different cruising experience on Oasis/Allure, so the oceanview balcony isn't as important as it is on other ships, and this is a really good alternative to an interior cabin.

Ocean view balcony is definitely preferred but not worth (in my opinion) the extra $800.00 to $900.00 premium over a Central Park view balcony. On the Oasis and Allure, the CP balcony is quite nice, especially in the evening when musicians are playing. It's a great place to have a beer and people-watch too!

Oceanview definitely. Although it's nice to people watch from the boardwalk balconies...but that damn bell that they ring for the carousel every 5 minutes can get frustrating if you are trying to get in a mid day nap. Central Park balconies where my parents stayed gets VERY hot because there is not much air circulation since it is in the middle of the ship. Unless you go in the winter months..this could be good. It is very tranquil and beautiful at night. But my vote is also for the oceanview!

Been on both the Allure & Oasis and have had a Oceanview, Central Park & Boardwalk balconies...in that order.

I did not like the CPs because I couldn't see the ocean...Never knew if we were docked or still sailing.

We actually preferred the BW balcony and booked another one for Jan. (even though the OVs are only slightly more). We were 5 cabins from aft on deck 12. We enjoyed people watching, the aquatheater shows and movies from the comfort of our balcony. We could also see the ocean. The only downside was the privacy and had to keep the sheer curtains closed most of the time.

On the other hand, I may now get bored in an oceanview balcony (on the Oasis & Allure ONLY) since I know what all is going on...on the boardwalk.