Glory Aft Extended Balcony

gaillyn

Hi. I am booked on the Glory, Empress Level, with an aft extended balcony. I can get a room with a sofabed or a chair. We will be 2 people in the cabin. Is there a difference in the walking space between the 2? Is one preferable? Also, is the heat really bad on the balcony?

Thanks!

take the sofa. the cabin with the chairs are down the middle. these cabins are somewhat narrower compared to the rest of them

regarding the heat: When are you sailing? summer time-= yes.

there is no ocean breezes back there and no cover. keep the curtains closed to the cabin to keep it cool

I am new to carnival. All the aft cabins I looked at in pictures showed a chair. I booked an aft extended on the Glory as well. It is right next to the aft wrap ( my friend's cabin). Will I have a couch?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We had an aft balcony on the Empress of the Conquest, sister ship to the Glory.

When we booked we were told that if we did take one of the rooms with a couch, that sleeps 3 people, we could be bumped if someone else had 3 people and wanted that room since it was just my husband and myself. With the room with just the chair we would not have to worry about being bumped. I thought I would miss the couch, but we didn't. We weren't in the room that much. Spent most of our free time on that wonderful balcony. :) As for the heat, I had heard they were hot at any time of the year so I was a bit concerned. We cruised in January out of New Orleans and went down the Mississippi River several hours when we left port and it was actually chilly enough to want a sweatshirt. The rest of the time was fine. We had quite a bit of shade, so I never got too hot. When it was sunny there was usually a breeze now and then so didn't get hot then either. We're taking a break from cruising but next time we do go I would definitely book an aft balcony again, LOVED it!!! Especially since the balcony was large enough for a lounger! :)

Archived