Sabatini's & the Crown Grill - must order items

Sale Away

The menu at Sabatini's was changed from when I sailed on Princess in April. The entrees didn't sound all that appealing last month on the Sapphire but we had dinner there as a gift from our TA so decided to give the salt-baked striped bass dish a try. This entree is for two and takes longer to prepare but boy was it worth it. The presentation, from breaking open the salt crust, to de-boning the fish to the final splash of olive oil was quite a show. And then the flavor. Absolutely wonderful. My sister usually doesn't like fish all that much and when she eats it she usually drowns it in lemon juice. She didn't need any lemon for this dish. Highly recommended.

Jackie

Agreed... the bass was excellent and the presentation worth the price.. :)

We sailed on the Caribbean Princess this past October and ate dinner at both Sabatini's and Crown Grill. While this was our 3rd cruise in 13 months, we still can decide which restaurant we like best. However, we always order something different each time at Sabatini's, while we order the same steaks (14 oz Ribeye & 8 Petite Filet) at the CG each time. Absolutely fabulous each time with nothing to complain about or even have regrets about ordering.

For something really different, try the "Salt Incrusted Fish" at Sabatini's! But whatever you order, you won't be disappointed.

Our favorite time in the Crown Grill was when we went with another couple. Everyone ordered different appetizers and deserts so we could see what the others ordered. The waiter brought extra 2 appetizers and 2 deserts for tasting. He was a great waiter, in that you never really saw him but he was always there if needed. Like the others on this board, the Black & Blue Onion Soup is to die for. We decided that the waiter needed an extra nice tip. The Head Waiter stopped by at least twice during the evening. On his last visit, we let him know that he had a great waiter and he should be commended. The HW informed us that on the next cruise, the waiter was being promoted.

Staying in suites each of the last 3 cruises, we were able to partake of "Breakfast at Sabatini's" and believe me when I say it is unbelievably good! The best "Eggs Benedict" that we have ever eaten!

We love the speciality restaurants and try to visit them both on each cruise (but only once, to keep it special). One thing we have found at Sabatini's is that we are not generally crazy about the entrees. Everything else is wonderful. They usually have a special pasta that they bring out after the appetizers and before the entree. You can order the pasta as an entree. We've loved every pasta dish served so have learned to not order an entree and enjoy the pasta instead.

Unfortunately scalloped potatoes have been dropped from the Crown menu, which is absurd since they were very popular.

If you made reservations and asked the night before could you get the Crown Grill to make them special? On my last cruise we went to the Crown Grill twice and I got the scalloped potatoes both times. Yum.

Patty

If you made reservations and asked the night before could you get the Crown Grill to make them special? On my last cruise we went to the Crown Grill twice and I got the scalloped potatoes both times. Yum.

Patty

Oh my goodness, never thought of that, THANK YOU for the idea!

Actually I got the idea from Pam in CA (I think). Many posters have said that Princess is very accomodating when it came to special dining request, so why not in the Specialty Restaurants, especially since they used to serve the dish anyway.

The menu at Sabatini's was changed from when I sailed on Princess in April. The entrees didn't sound all that appealing last month on the Sapphire but we had dinner there as a gift from our TA so decided to give the salt-baked striped bass dish a try. This entree is for two and takes longer to prepare but boy was it worth it. The presentation, from breaking open the salt crust, to de-boning the fish to the final splash of olive oil was quite a show. And then the flavor. Absolutely wonderful. My sister usually doesn't like fish all that much and when she eats it she usually drowns it in lemon juice. She didn't need any lemon for this dish. Highly recommended.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie. First time on Princess this March. Been wondering about the sea bass. Thanks for the comments. Will probably give it a try.

Thanks Jackie. First time on Princess this March. Been wondering about the sea bass. Thanks for the comments. Will probably give it a try.

We had that dish on our last cruise and while it was delicious it was very filling and we could not finish it. I think I ate too much bread and calamari. If I was ordering the fish I would reduce how much I ate beforehand.

We had that dish on our last cruise and while it was delicious it was very filling and we could not finish it. I think I ate too much bread and calamari. If I was ordering the fish I would reduce how much I ate beforehand.

There was a time when I could eat anything and everything and not gain an ounce. But, then all I could afford was mac and cheese. Now, I can afford anything and everything. But, I can gain two pounds just driving by a doughnut shop.

• 1 year later...