Alaska-Did anyone get coupon book or other perks from Princess?

Vacations Are Fun

We have five cabins booked for Alaska,July30th,Inland Princess

Our TA has not been that helpful. She just told us that Princess is not

offering any perks. We have all cruised on NCL,RCI,and Carnival and

have always rec'd something. Is it our TA or is this a Princess policy?

Also.if there are any perks could we possibly get them thru Princess?

Vacations Are Fun

We don't get anything from Princess. However, our TA has given us a booklet that holds stamps for our cruise. Based upon the value of what you paid for your cruise, you get stamps. The stamps can be used towards the purchase of your next cruise or you can take air miles instead. You can also accumulate the value of the stamps for a larger price reduction down the road. We like the idea and would rather have the price reduction than a bottle of wine or picture frame.

On our cruise on Coral Princess 5/28 [Alaska], we both received coupons from Princess for 2 free candid photos from the photo shop. Not sure why we received them. I am a regular old Platinum member, but we did book the cruise while I was on on my previous Princess cruise, so we did have shipboard credit too. [The photo coupons were in addition to our shipboard credit.]

Most likely the travel agent. You probably didn't book with an agent who had group space the week you were going or have promos going the time you booked.

I am not saying your agent is bad - sometimes when I book, my agent doesn't have group incentives that week either. It is best discussed when booking the cruise. It is possible that another agent would have had a group if yours did not. Or, maybe you should book with an agent (agency) that holds a lot of group space to increase the chance of incentives.

No coupon books on Princess, but lots of events (trivia,sports,etc) to win the freebie things you get on RCL like pens, water bottles,luggage tags, suitbags etc _ all things I've received by interacting with my fellow passengers on Princess. However, the best deal on Princess is to pre-book your next cruise while you are on board. You just make a $100 deposit. You don't have to pick a specific cruise, just make an open booking and they will credit you $100 per person no matter what your stateroom size. Then when you do make the specific booking with your travel agent later on you will probably get it again for a total of $400 for the stateroom. That's what we're getting with our cruise in Nov.

To all that responded to my question,Thank You.

With or without a coupon book I know we will have

a great time.

Truthfully, the coupon books I have received on Princess have not been useful. The last one I received, I didn't use one coupon and ended up giving it away.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

For our Sapphire cruise to Alaska last month, each of us (5) received a coupon booklet that's good until Dec 31. When the cabin steward handed them to us, he said they were from our TA. 4 of us used the 5.00 off internet coupon so I did save 20.00. There were a few more coupons in the booklet that I though we might use but didn't. I'm going to hold on to them for our Grand Princess cruise in December just in case.

Archived