help - how to oragnise a sailaway? where on the Eclipse?

HelenREMfan

Right.... how does one go about organising a sail away ?- I understand a spreadsheet of people joining is a must and some form of badges for people to wear as a means of identity.....

After that I would be clueless. I haven't even attended one as the one on the Connie I had signed up for...well we were missed off the end list and as everyone else had labels and there were none for us..... we sort of slunk off unidentified ! ( There would be no chance of that same mistake being made as there would be spare blank labels for that eventuality !!! )

Our cruise to the Med is in late Sept on the Eclipse doesn't seem to have this informal meet up on departure.... I know optimum time to hold one is after the safety drill muster but where might be appropriate to hold a sail away on the Eclipse and does one have to seek permission from Celebrity ? If so how does one go about it ?

Any help/ advice/volunteer to take it over would be very welcome....

I agree. Go to the roll call and someone's probably already organized one. No spread sheets needed. Just bring name tags for folks to fill out, and have everyone wear something like mardi gras beads (the usual) to recognize each other. I find that often, though people PLAN on going, things like unpacking, weather, sitting on their own balcony often interfere. And then some folks don't get included through some error as in your case. Just get some cute name tags and ppl can fill them out by themselves as they arrive. Keep it simple. 60+ cruises and I've never seen a spreadsheet on Sail Away (though I never looked for one either).

As above we usually use the Sunset Bar.

We sailed on Eclipse in March this year and our sailaway we agreed for anyone to meet at the Sunset Bar on Deck15 behind the Lawn Club after Muster Drill and wearing Mardi Gras beads or colourful beads of choice. If you couldn't get any, if you saw anyone wearing colourful beads, just go up and introduce yourself. We also had baseball caps logo'd with out Screen name on them and wore them at the Sailaway, because we don't really have Mardi Gras beads in Scotland, but again someone on our roll call took our cabin number and said they would drop some off to us before sailaway for us.

There is also a website called ************* dot com where you can upload your photo before your go on your cruise and fellow cruisers can recognise you.

Hope this helps

If you still don't find your fellow roll callers, you can always meet them at the formal meeting at the Connections Party which is arranged by Celebrity.

Enjoy your cruise

Texmex

I think we need to define "sail away party" a bit to give this a sense of reality. It's not a party per sae...it's a bunch of folks getting together in a section of a bar and enjoying conversation and drinks with those who they have only known on the internet. The only thing that's needed is to identify a location and a time. As far a beads...you don't need beads....it's pretty clear where the "group" is and very easy to just walk up, say hello and mix/mingle.

Archived