Princess EZAir cancelled my tickets

weberman

We did this for the very same reason, to lock in seat selections. In checking our flights over the weekend we found our seat selections removed and now nobody will talk to us: British Air, American Air and Princess. We are told we will get our seat selections at check in. EZAir has proven to be a frustrating experience for us.

Sounds from this thread that maybe booking your own air is still the way to go and get travel insurance for the air when you purchase tickets.

I could be wrong but it seems that these issues are all about Flexible Fares.

I don't think I've seen anyone who purchased Restricted Fares have an issue with having reservations disappear, losing seat selections, etc. etc.

Am I wrong?

I don't think I've seen anyone who purchased Restricted Fares have an issue with having reservations disappear, losing seat selections, etc. etc.

Am I wrong?

Yes, you have that wrong - we purchased restrictive.

Am I wrong?

Well you have now!

I just called Princess and they would not let me speak with Princess Air directly. Put on hold by the Princess Rep, who called Princess Air. The Rep came back on the line and told me Princess Air had contacted Air Berlin but Princess Air had not heard back from Air Berlin. The Rep told me to call back tomorrow. What a joke or more likely a travesty. :mad: Air Berlin has the money and has No obligation (other than goodwill) to give it back as the tickets were purchased Non-Refundable. :rolleyes: ...Bill :eek:

Yes, that is completely normal that they would not let you discuss your booking with any dept. at Princess since you have a TA. It confuses things and communication often gets mixed up, clouded, not documented, etc. It would only add to the confusion if Princess had more than 1 person to deal with on this matter.

Be patient and try to have faith that it WILL get resolved and you will have a wonderful vacation.

Just got a phone call from Barbara of Princess Air. While she could not explain why or how this happened, she did get my reservation restored with the same seats on both flights. So, thanks you Barbara. :)

But, the lesson from all of this is to watch your air reservations made with Princess EZAir carefully as there appear to be some gremlins in the system. :eek:

I found this strictly by accident, as I signed on to my Cruise Personalizer to check on something else and happened to see my air reservations were gone.

If not for that, I may not have known until it was too late and really been in a pickle.

So, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK! :)

Just got a phone call from Barbara of Princess Air. While she could not explain why or how this happened, she did get my reservation restored with the same seats on both flights. So, thanks you Barbara. :)

But, the lesson from all of this is to watch your air reservations made with Princess EZAir carefully as there appear to be some gremlins in the system. :eek:

I found this strictly by accident, as I signed on to my Cruise Personalizer to check on something else and happened to see my air reservations were gone.

If not for that, I may not have known until it was too late and really been in a pickle.

Very happy that you got it all restored!:)

Thank you for posting.

Glad you've been made good. The attempt at an upgrade was worth a try for all the grief they gave you.

You now should try for a Cruise Critic upgrade for the same reason.

Thank you for sharing all this. It is a valuable lesson for all of us.

The lesson I took from your experience was not to get overly upset when something goes wrong until I have given Princess the opportunity to fix it. In my experience Princess usually does the right thing. Also, after I do a booking I do most of my checking on the airline website. Glad you got it all straightened out.

But as has been discussed in the other discussion your tickets are on British Airways and their published policy is not to allow seat selection until check in, unless you go online on their web site to select and pay the fee to do so, or unless you are in one of the specific class that gets free advance seat selection (frequent flier status, certain fare types, etc.)

That is clearly explained on the BA web site. Does not matter how you buy BA tickets.

Thanks. I'll start checking my tickets on the airline website more often.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

But as has been discussed in the other discussion your tickets are on British Airways and their published policy is not to allow seat selection until check in, unless you go online on their web site to select and pay the fee to do so, or unless you are in one of the specific class that gets free advance seat selection (frequent flier status, certain fare types, etc.)

That is clearly explained on the BA web site. Does not matter how you buy BA tickets.

When we sign on to BA they say we are on American and immediately direct the page to the American web site - each airline says it's the other's problem.

So happy for the wonderful outcome to the original poster!

FWIW Air Berlin has basically the same policy. Pay for a reserved seat and even more for certain XL seats. However, when I bought my Restricted Tickets on Princess EZAir (A good thing for a change) I was given the opportunity to select and reserve my seats at no additional cost. It was included in the EZAir price I guess which was significantly less than going through the Air Berlin website where I would have had to pay about $100 plus dollars to reserve seats and even more for XL seating.

I don't know if BA does the same thing if your flight is booked through EZAir.

The lesson I took from your experience was not to get overly upset when something goes wrong until I have given Princess the opportunity to fix it. In my experience Princess usually does the right thing. Also, after I do a booking I do most of my checking on the airline website. Glad you got it all straightened out.

I agree, but easier said than done. "Sort of like Walk a Mile in My Shoes"!

My "Lesson Learned" was to check, check, check, and if something does go wrong, get on top of it now.

If this had happened to me I think I too would be pretty upset and would be taking name and kicking a$$ until it was fixed. Just like the O.P. did.

To the O.P., I'm glad you have been made whole, thanks for sharing and I hope you get an upgrade from Princess to try and make up for the aggravation.

I agree, but easier said than done. "Sort of like Walk a Mile in My Shoes"!

So glad things worked out in your favor. I would still ask my TA to push for some kind of compensation...whether it be onboard credit or something else. Have a wonderful trip...hope the worst is now behind you!

my flights are all listed as being on British Airways and I was allowed to pick our seats after we paid in full for both air and cruise (did at same time). Paid for them through EZ Air, nothing special about them, no status, cheapest seats available.

That's not to say they won't switch them on us when we arrive at airport, like the time an airline substituted a different aircraft, and of course the seats didn't match up, so they didn't even try, but I try not to stress too much over what I can't control.

I'm so glad everything worked out for you - weberman! Enjoy your cruise! ;)

Since I posted earlier of our concerns ... I'll finish out the story.

We booked (many months before the 90 day final payment period for the cruise) our flexible air arrangements (and paid full amounts on air and cruise).

Those arrangements could have been left "floating" in price, meaning, when we paid the cruise and air in full, we would at the time, be locked in the price. However, pricing for flexible air was $2,000 less per person for our cruise! And it still is today + some!

We got the confirmation numbers from our TA. Our air travels had changed. Instead of a non-stop from JFK to Venice, we know we have a lay-over in France. I do think they should have told us of the change when it happened; even our TA didn't know of it.

.......We got the confirmation numbers from our TA. Our air travels had changed. Instead of a non-stop from JFK to Venice, we know we have a lay-over in France. I do think they should have told us of the change when it happened; even our TA didn't know of it.

We have had this happen several times when getting tickets directly from the airlines. Once they even had us departing the second leg before the first leg had even arrived. We were never notified by the airlines. They did change the flights to ones I wanted after I called them. I now check very frequently as to what is happening with my flights and never trust that what I booked will remain unchanged.

my flights are all listed as being on British Airways and I was allowed to pick our seats after we paid in full for both air and cruise (did at same time). Paid for them through EZ Air, nothing special about them, no status, cheapest seats available.

That's not to say they won't switch them on us when we arrive at airport, like the time an airline substituted a different aircraft, and of course the seats didn't match up, so they didn't even try, but I try not to stress too much over what I can't control.

Suggest you log into the BA site and make sure that is what they show in their records online using the BA booking number.

If you did not do the seat assignments through the BA system then I would not count on those being valid.

It might be that you paid the additional amount when your fares were paid, but I would not count on it.

I have never had a problem, but then I do not use a TA and when I use EZAir I always go onto the carrier site to book seats and any other unique services.

To many rules on individual carriers these days to trust anything that does not come directly from the carrier.

I just verified our air reservations on British Airways. Using the booking number that we were assigned, everything appears the way we selected it several months ago. So far so good but lesson learned from this thread …. Keep Checking!

FWIW Air Berlin has basically the same policy. Pay for a reserved seat and even more for certain XL seats. However, when I bought my Restricted Tickets on Princess EZAir (A good thing for a change) I was given the opportunity to select and reserve my seats at no additional cost. It was included in the EZAir price I guess which was significantly less than going through the Air Berlin website where I would have had to pay about $100 plus dollars to reserve seats and even more for XL seating.

I don't know if BA does the same thing if your flight is booked through EZAir.

We were allowed to pick our seats, which is why we did everything the way we did - but now the seat assignments are gone and we can't pick any seat at this time. I've emailed Princess, I tried calling, but everybody I talked to said they couldn't do anything for us.

This thread has turned into an interesting discussion of airlines and the reservation process.

One thing we know for sure is airlines don't care about customer service. :rolleyes:

And the other is to keep checking your reservation however you make it!

I will only feel assured when my bottom hits the seat cushion on the airplane. :eek:

Thank to everyone for the supportive posts. :)

This thread has turned into an interesting discussion of airlines and the reservation process.

One thing we know for sure is airlines don't care about customer service. :rolleyes:

And the other is to keep checking your reservation however you make it!

I will only feel assured when my bottom hits the seat cushion on the airplane. :eek:

Thank to everyone for the supportive posts. :)

weberman, glad that you got things resolved.

CHECK, CHECK, CHECK - almost a daily thing for me now.

Vantec, just keep trying. Can you get to the airline site and put in you record locator number?

Archived