Anyone cruised on SD across the Atlantic?

DH and I board the Sunday after FT brings the SD2 back to the States. Needless to say I am counting the days and checking the door every time I hear the UPS truck:p

Last year DH took his trusty navy blazer and he wore it the nights we dined in the Dining Room. There really was a mix of men who did and didn't wear blazers.

We did the internet in the room last year on an every-other-day basis... this was a compromise solution. And of course DH has a world phone so as long as we could see a cell tower he had his Crackberry.

FT you are so RIGHT about the Speedo equation.

Are you packed yet?

:) Disney Jen

Haven't packed "for real" yet, but did a "test run" this weekend. The goal was to see if I can get everything I need for 14 nights away from home in the two pieces I can carry-on.

Glad to say that with the help of those wonderful storage bags (where you seal and then push the air out) it looks like I won't have to fool with checked luggage in Madrid and Tenerife.

Only 18 days to go! :D

FT

FT ... I wonoder if there will be anything special on Halloween aboard SD. You could always dress in college appropriate regalia and say you are at UT or Bama alum:D

I wonder what television stations you will pull in while at sea.

We will be living vicariously through your progress reports FT! I will be interested in hearing how you like Tenerife as DH and I had a discussion about it last night.

Ctbjr and I know that you will have the ship and staff trained and at the ready with champagne in hand for our boarding in West Palm!!

Yes, I'm going to try to make daily postings -- I'm planning a full agenda: spa treatments, visits to the gym (I've never taken a yoga class, so another first if available on this cruise as it was in April), menu suggestions and I will graciously pass along any requests to your crew for the PB sailing.

Who knows, if my office has no emergencies, and my family decides they can get along without me, you guys sound like such fun, maybe I'll hang around for your cruise!! -- I wish,:D but I do look foward to checking in.

FT

We would LOVE for you to extend your voyage FT:p And I suspect Bill would love for all of us to stay in STT and join him the following week.

I can hardly imagine how excited you must be to start this adventure!

Make sure you leave some good lounging around the pool books for us in the library;)

Glad to hear that you're planning to fit us into your very busy schedule while onboard. Can't wait to hear how you enjoy the trip. I had HOPED to do it myself (was even booked for a couple of months) but just couldn't come to grips with the length of time out of the office given my firm's 10.31 fye. Maybe a Spring crossing another year!!

Will be interested in learning from you which of the crew will be on board for the Nov. 6 sailing. Specifically, the Chef, Activities Director, Chief Steward, Wine Steward and Head BARTENDER, to name a few of the most important personnel.

HI FT:

Have a great trip, wish we were going. Did hear that the tattooed lady was considering booking this trip. You can handle it, just drink more champagne! Guess Philip will have to get his eggs bennie at Denny's for the next 2 weeks. I miss those eggs. Mighty good. All the best,

Jim & Lois.

Went home and packed -- then pulled out half of what I was going to take. Lo and behold -- it all fit in a roll aboard, so no checking or shipping luggage.

It's amazing what you can get in a suitcase when you decide you will take only one pair of dress shoes.:rolleyes: No shoe fetish on this trip.

I decided that if I end up wearing my dinner, the on-board laundry will be utilized.

Or maybe we can follow Jim & Lois Avery's guidelines and everyone wear the Sea Dream pajamas!

In forty eight hours I'll be headed to the airport!!!:)

FT

Pleasant journey, FT! I know you will enjoy yourself, and make sure the ship is in shape for Disney Jen, then me! :D

I'm glad you don't have to ship your luggage. That's one less thing you have to worry about. We shipped on piece home when we were on the QM2 last November, and it wasn't worth it. But that was a 10-night cruise with three formal nights, a Pirate's Ball, and a cold New York start/finish. So, we really did have a lot of clothes to pack.

THis time, starting and stopping in St. Thomas (with one night pre- in Charlotte Amalie and three nights post- in Caneel Bay), I think we might be able to get away with one large suitcase, one garmet bag, and two rollerboard carryons.

Good news on the luggage front FT! It is amazing how much room shoes take in a suitcase.

I am going to shoot for two roll aboard and two carry bags ... the key will be telling DH he CANNOT take his laptop:p I suspect we will end up with one large suitcase so we can carry our STT purchases as hand luggage.

FT ... T-minus ....

Archived