I Canceled My SB,1-03-2015, On Quantum Of The Seas!!!

I've Booked Jewel Of The Seas, Instead (Southern Caribbean) 10-14!! This WILL Be My Birthday Cruise!!!! I Never Sailed The Radiance Class, And I Hear Such Good Things About The Jewel, And Her Sister Ships!!

I Do One Day Hope To Sail The Quantum, But For Now She Is Just Too Expensive For Me!!! And, I Just Can't Justify The Cost!!!

Maybe... I'll Sail Her In October 2015, For My Birthday!!! LORD Willing!!!:confused:

Have fun! Even with having to add in the airfare to get to the Jewel , it was still too expensive? I see the Nordic Empress was your first cruise, mine too! About 10 years before yours - back before everything became .....of the Seas! :D

Thanks, JasonV1!! I Most Surely Will, Try Out The Seaview Café!!

Thanks Maureencruiser!!! Nordic Empres Was My First;)!!!

Believe It Or Not, It's Cheaper For Me To Fly To San Juan, Puerto Rico, Than Leave From Cape Liberty!!!

Jewel, $989.00 Quantum, $1, 594.00 :eek:

Airfare To Puerto Rico $350.00 , Parking 8-Night At Cape Liberty $185.00

The Jewel Is 7-Nights, Leaving In Oct. (My Birthday Cruise) Going To St.Thomas, V.I., St Kitts,& Nevis, Aruba, Curacao!!!

Quantum Leaving In Jan, Going To San Juan, Puerto Rico, Labadee, Haiti, Samana, Dominican Republic!!!

I Think I Made The Right Choice Switching To The Jewel!!!

I see the Nordic Empress was your first cruise, mine too! About 10 years before yours - back before everything became .....of the Seas! :D

Mine, too - 1993.

Ships surely have changed since those days, haven't they? I for one am not sentimentally attached to my first cruise. I LOVED the Oasis and am looking forward to the Allure.

Kathy

• 7 months later...

We have tried the Big Girls, well...not the Oasis class, but we are most fond of the Radiance class. Back to Alaska this summer (married in the Radiance) then B2B on the Jewell in our future.

Have a wonderful trip!

I too dropped my 12 night on Quantum and found an 8 night on Jewel Sept 18, 2015. Got an aft balcony for less than 1000. Never been to the west coast. Would love to see the redwoods and San Fran. I know I made a better choice. I will wait two or three years for Quantum. Have got to see Mamma Mia.

I think you made a great decision...I've been on Jewel and have just booked the southern caribbean Sept 13, 2014 and the pacific northwest Sept 26, 2015...both amazing deals even with a flight from LAX-SJU. Enjoy !!

I've Booked Jewel Of The Seas, Instead (Southern Caribbean) 10-14!! This WILL Be My Birthday Cruise!!!! I Never Sailed The Radiance Class, And I Hear Such Good Things About The Jewel, And Her Sister Ships!!

I Do One Day Hope To Sail The Quantum, But For Now She Is Just Too Expensive For Me!!! And, I Just Can't Justify The Cost!!!

Maybe... I'll Sail Her In October 2015, For My Birthday!!! LORD Willing!!!:confused:

We have taken about 20 RCI cruises, five on the Jewel. We were sorry when she left Tampa, because we loved being able to drive less than two hours and be on board. Since she left Tampa, we have cruised on Freedom, Enchantment, and Brilliance, but in our opinion, none compare to Jewel. I believe their staff competence, friendliness, and overall excellence are tops in the industry.

We have a cruise scheduled on Explorer in December but are looking for something to scratch our cruise itch before that - we are thinking of flying to San Juan and getting reacquainted with our favorite ship, the Jewel.

I must ask you a question. The title of this thread is : "I canceled my SB, 1-02-2015, On Quantum of the Seas!!!' -- but what does the abbreviation 'SB' stand for? I get the idea of your thread, yet when you use an abbreviation, some people may be 'missing something' if they don't know what the abbreviation is for.

I think you made a great decision...I've been on Jewel and have just booked the southern caribbean Sept 13, 2014 and the pacific northwest Sept 26, 2015...both amazing deals even with a flight from LAX-SJU. Enjoy !!

Thank you! You enjoy yours too.