Passenger Terminal

I just wondered if P&O are now leaving from a different Terminal than where we have left previously. We have always left from Darling Harbour but by the blogs it seems they have changed docking terminals. I know they were planning on going to another area but didn't think they had already moved. We are not going till November so it leaves us plenty of time to organise transfers. Does anyone have any ideas. There is 6 of us to transfer with luggage.

And White Bay is harder to get to than the old one.

When you say organise transfers, do you have one you normally use, or do you mean to find something? If so, there's nothing organised except from the airport, so you would need to get a taxi or other specific service.

I think you can also book a transfer through P&O, but with six of you, it would be cheaper to organise it privately.

That's what I was referring to above, when I wrote that's only if coming from the airport.

Yes we are coming in from the Airport. Taxi it will have to be. I just wondered if anyone had hired a minibus or something like that from airport. It is hard to get 6 people in a taxi. LOL Will a maxicab get 6 people and luggage in. Otherwise it will have to be 2 taxis.

Who was the idiot who thought out where the best place to have a Terminal was? It will cost Sydney in the long run, people who used to stay overnight close to Wharf 8 now will fly in on the same day as there is nowhere to stay close to the new terminal. This will be the first time in many cruises we fly in on the same day. Obviously tourism is not high on their agenda. We will enjoy the cruise anyway.

Yes we are coming in from the Airport. Taxi it will have to be. I just wondered if anyone had hired a minibus or something like that from airport. It is hard to get 6 people in a taxi. LOL Will a maxicab get 6 people and luggage in. Otherwise it will have to be 2 taxis.

Who was the idiot who thought out where the best place to have a Terminal was? It will cost Sydney in the long run, people who used to stay overnight close to Wharf 8 now will fly in on the same day as there is nowhere to stay close to the new terminal. This will be the first time in many cruises we fly in on the same day. Obviously tourism is not high on their agenda. We will enjoy the cruise anyway.

About four years ago we hired a mini van from Kingsford Smith Transport for seven people. Since then I haven't been very happy with that company, but that is for their shuttle where you have to wait until they are ready. They might still be alright when you book a van & driver just for yourselves. From memory we paid around $70 for all of us from the airport to Darling Harbour. I am sure you will find a company on the internet who can do this for you, or someone else on here might have a recommendation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...