10 reasons why repos are best

Skipper Tim

1) You get to actually travel, i.e. from A to B, rather than just A to A.

2) Sea days! Marvellous times doing little other than totally pressure-free relaxing with none of the hassle of getting on and off the ship.

3) Lower or zero solo supplements - more solo travellers, more space per guest, higher staff to guest ratio, more quality time with staff etc.

4) Lower fares, more money to spend on self-indulgence instead.

5) Reminiscent of the golden age of liners before those pesky aeroplanes.

6) Shared travel experience - none of this ho-ho business where you don't get to know who you are travelling with.

7) Get to visit ports/countries off the beaten track that you would possibly not wish to commit an entire holiday to or which would be financially unviable to.

8) More time means more time to appreciate and enjoy the ship and to get to know your fellow cruisemates.

9) Repos tend to attract seasoned travellers rather than mere tourists.

10) The chance to be completely cut-off mid-Ocean without TV, telephone or even internet (if you are lucky)!

Tim ... Also less kids ... :)

I was in two minds as to whether to mention this but the few I have encountered on the repos were actually well-behaved. In that light, it didn't feel right to make a discriminatory remark against them. I was also once one myself. I can't explain why kids on repos would be better behaved, so I left that out. But they were and are.

Thousands of screaming children running around wild would be my idea of hell. It probably was even when I was one. I was never known for my screaming or my running. I was always very considered and developed a reputation for patronising adults. I haven't changed much.

I have to agree that there were not that many on our Poesia repo last year but those that were appeared to be well behaved, hopefully the same will occur in November for the Divina repo to Miami.

You only have to do one long haul flight and big time change. I personally prefer to fly out somewhere and sail back to Europe so you get the yucky airport bit, jet lag etc over at the start!

Repos are definitely my favourites!

Archived