You Decide! Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?  

955 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

• Barbados
    • Charleston
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • Galveston
    • Jacksonvile
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New Orleans
    • New York
    • Port Canaveral
    • San Juan
    • Tampa
    • Other (My Choice is Not Listed Here)

Anywhere BUT NY - we just got the Splendor and I'm rather fond of that ship now that I have sailed on her!

I dont think the Splendor has the wow factor of the new breakaway and quantum of the seas

While I would love yet another new ship in NYC as a New Yorker, I'll place my bet on Miami.

All those arguing that Vista will go to NYC becuase the other lines are sending new ships to NYC need to look at the other side of the coin: the NYC market is becoming super duper competitive with all this new tonnage arriving. Perhaps Carnival is better off continuing to stake out its budget (read: very inexpensive) position in the NY market with an existing ship (Splendor) and sending Vista to Florida or somewhere else where she can command a premium. Just speculating, but as someone who lives in market I'd be surprised if Vista came here and was able to command the premium pricing of Quantum or Breakaway.

While I would love yet another new ship in NYC as a New Yorker, I'll place my bet on Miami.

All those arguing that Vista will go to NYC becuase the other lines are sending new ships to NYC need to look at the other side of the coin: the NYC market is becoming super duper competitive with all this new tonnage arriving. Perhaps Carnival is better off continuing to stake out its budget (read: very inexpensive) position in the NY market with an existing ship (Splendor) and sending Vista to Florida or somewhere else where she can command a premium. Just speculating, but as someone who lives in market I'd be surprised if Vista came here and was able to command the premium pricing of Quantum or Breakaway.

I agree. I suspect Carnival will not home port Vista in NY or NJ

I dont think the Splendor has the wow factor of the new breakaway and quantum of the seas

A lot of us don't need the WOW factor. I've been on a WOW factor ship - I wasn't wowed :D

I know I'm not alone. We just don't like the really big ships. There's just too many people - getting on, getting off, going to dinner, going to the ports. Even though the ship is bigger - you have more people taking up the space.

If I want a MegaMall/Hotel/Entertainmet complex - I'm not looking to a ship for that experience. I'm looking to a ship for ship stuff - sun, sea, waves, passing ships, sunrise, sunsets - those are my WOW factor.

Once the novelty wears off those who want the WOW factor are going to be looking for the NEXT WOW.

And as I said - I don't think I'm alone.

Quantum of the seas seems like an amusement park. I dunno...what's with that round arm thing hanging over the ship? I am looking to sail bigger for my next cruise, but I don't want it too big. I like the ability to explore the whole ship from one end to the other - even if I do indulge in every activity.

Hard to believe that 3 people said Tampa. Sure I would LOVE that, being only 50 minutes away, but maybe they forgot that megaships can't sail out of the port. There's that little thing called the Skyway bridge, and the shallower channel waters.

I am voting for two. Either Port Canaveral or FLL. I live in CT, and from an airfare standpoint, they are the cheapest with nonstop flights:D:D

Even though New York is just an hour away, I don't like losing two days each way, going down, and back up, the East Coast.:o:o

Hard to believe that 3 people said Tampa. Sure I would LOVE that, being only 50 minutes away, but maybe they forgot that megaships can't sail out of the port. There's that little thing called the Skyway bridge, and the shallower channel waters.

I do not think people are really paying these things much attention. Besides, since the ship is not built yet, why can they not build a longer (or wider) lower vessel that would fit under the bridge? We can dream, can we not?

Personally, my vote would be fore Toronto, but it is far less likely than Tampa.

Since Pittsburgh is not an option:rolleyes:....

Fort Lauderdale.......easiest and cheapest route from airport to cruiseport in my experinece...love the year round warm weather, more reasonable flight prices...

It could be an option. With all the construction we have, no reason they can't raise the bridges.

I guess if it is haunted they figure it belongs in the south.

We are used to that kind of crap.

Haunted things fit perfectly into New Orleans! :D

Speaking of New Orelans, I voted for it since it's the closest port to home, of course!

A lot of us don't need the WOW factor. I've been on a WOW factor ship - I wasn't wowed :D

I know I'm not alone. We just don't like the really big ships. There's just too many people - getting on, getting off, going to dinner, going to the ports. Even though the ship is bigger - you have more people taking up the space.

If I want a MegaMall/Hotel/Entertainmet complex - I'm not looking to a ship for that experience. I'm looking to a ship for ship stuff - sun, sea, waves, passing ships, sunrise, sunsets - those are my WOW factor.

Once the novelty wears off those who want the WOW factor are going to be looking for the NEXT WOW.

And as I said - I don't think I'm alone.

Based on your cruise history, I don't see a WOW factor ship. I wouldn't consider the Voyager a WOW factor ship.

You would be surprised how other lines handle passenger movement.

I'm sailing on the Splendor on 8/21, but I choose NYC because it seems like there are never any of the brand new ships to come to NY....

I've sailed the Splendor in January in Hawaii and am going on her again in less than two weeks, but I completely echo your comments -- it does NOT seem like the Tri-State Area gets new Carnival ships for their home port, so I think this would be a nice change of pace. Also, the Splendor is a nice boat, certainly better than the Magic IMHO, but it's not my favorite. If I can't have the Miracle or Legend, my favorite class of ship, maybe it's time to try bigger, or at least brand-new!