Starter from Choppes Menu in the MDR

I know you can get a main course from the choppes grille but has anybody asked for a starter off the choppes menu and got it. We love the goats cheese soufflé which is on the choppes menu, but with only 7 days with family on our cruise next week we don't want to dine without them as we have been to the speciality restaurants on our own and with friends many times. Thanks for any help.

You can ask your waiter, but I would not be surprised if they say no. We were in Portofino once, and one of our party wanted the crab cake from Chops. We got it, but I think it actually had to go to the F&B manager for a decision.

You can ask your waiter, but I would not be surprised if they say no. We were in Portofino once, and one of our party wanted the crab cake from Chops. We got it, but I think it actually had to go to the F&B manager for a decision.

That's even a bit different since you were already paying extra for the specialty restaurant. I'm going to guess the answer would be a resounding sorry, but no. Not to mention the fact that it would seriously disrupt service for everyone else if the waiter had to go to Chops to retrieve your appetizer.

We've gone to a specialty restaurant on a five day when traveling with family who didn't want to go. No problem. You are not joined at the hip.

That's even a bit different since you were already paying extra for the specialty restaurant. I'm going to guess the answer would be a resounding sorry, but no. Not to mention the fact that it would seriously disrupt service for everyone else if the waiter had to go to Chops to retrieve your appetizer.

We've gone to a specialty restaurant on a five day when traveling with family who didn't want to go. No problem. You are not joined at the hip.

I should have said that because you can PAY for a main meal from chops in the MDR. I would not dream of just asking a waiter to fetch me something off the chops menu, So I was asking if any one had PAID for a starter from chops and got it. Also you do not have to be rude. It's got nothing to do with being joined at the hip, it may be that my family are at the other side of the world and we have not seen them for 10 years and having not dined with them for that length of time we would prefer dining with them. I am grateful for any experiences but I consider your reply down right rude especially as you do not know our circumstances. Thanks to previous poster for your constructive reply.

I should have said that because you can PAY for a main meal from chops in the MDR. I would not dream of just asking a waiter to fetch me something off the chops menu, So I was asking if any one had PAID for a starter from chops and got it. Also you do not have to be rude. It's got nothing to do with being joined at the hip, it may be that my family are at the other side of the world and we have not seen them for 10 years and having not dined with them for that length of time we would prefer dining with them. I am grateful for any experiences but I consider your reply down right rude especially as you do not know our circumstances. Thanks to previous poster for your constructive reply.

Wasn't trying to be rude. The Chops steak available in the MDR is NOT prepared in Chops (in fact, it's available on ships that don't even have a Chops). Your appetizer would need to be obtained from the actual restaurant. My other comment was that spending a mere two hours away from your family shouldn't present a huge hardship on one night. You could meet for drinks, go have dinner, then attend a show together.

Archived