Oct. 2, 2014 Med cruise on Riviera

atlantic cruiser

I believe so.

In fact, private tour is the way to go! Less money, fewer people, more to see :D

Join your roll call and form a group (or join one).

Lots of info about tour operators in this area on the Ports of Call forum.

Good luck.

PS Although most people tour Pompeii from Sorrento, if one can see Amafli from Sorrento (and you can) then I would imagine the reverse could be done as well (Amalfi to Pompeii).

Just beware of the time as traffic on that route could be murder on busy days.

Wonder if someone could tell me if tours to Pompei would be available from the Amalfi area. Oceania does not list one for Amalfi/Positano SP? but would a private tour likely be available? Thanks for your help.

We used Aldo Limos for a tour. Super service.

http://www.aldolimos.com

Good reviews on Tripadvisor.

You might want to post on the Roll Call - don't see a roll call yet for Oct 2, 2014 on the Riviera but you can start one!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Thank you for the help with my Pompei question. As this is my first Oceania cruise, I am not familiar with how the specialty restaurants work. I have booked a B3 cabin for the October 2, 2014 sailing and am very excited to try out what sounds like wonderful cuisine! Are you assigned a time and date for these restaurants. Thought I would ask here as the advice is always so good. Also does anyone know how far is the airport in Athens to the hotel area and approx. cost of cab? Thanks again.

Thank you for the help with my Pompei question. As this is my first Oceania cruise, I am not familiar with how the specialty restaurants work. I have booked a B3 cabin for the October 2, 2014 sailing and am very excited to try out what sounds like wonderful cuisine! Are you assigned a time and date for these restaurants. Thought I would ask here as the advice is always so good. Also does anyone know how far is the airport in Athens to the hotel area and approx. cost of cab? Thanks again.

At 45 days prior to your cruise (exact date should be on your documents) you can go online to the Already Booked section look for dining reservations

click on each restaurant then see what times & date they have & choose from there

You can do sharing or non sharing depending on what you prefer

Sharing you will be seated with others depending on the table size etc...

You do this scenario for each of the 4 specialties

You can book a seat at La Reserve for a fee at anytime ....you do not have to wait for the 45 day mark

Enjoy

Lyn

Just to give you some more guide information, we used Drive Amalfi (info at drive amalfi dot com ) for a day's tour from Sorrento. I would assume they can pick you up in Positano as well.

Highly recommended.

Mura

My thanks again for the further information. To my fellow Canadian ( my sister and I are from Vancouver) I appreciate the dining information. Also thank you to Mura for the other information. Can't wait to try this cruise line! In the meantime I have a l4 night Canada-New England cruise on the Emerald Princess this fall which I know won't compare with Oceania but the itinerary is very nice. Being a loyal Canadian I have always wanted to visit Quebec but this will be my first time. Cheers.

Archived