And today's dumb question is.........

2Oregonians

I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I have to ask this nonetheless. Luggage tags..... As you look at it sitting on a table, I folded the right and left outside edges under - along the vertical lines which are about 2-3 inches from the edge of the paper. Done. Then there's a little horizontal line across the middle of the tag. Obviously it's to fold the whole tag in half across the horizontal line.

Ok, so my question is.... do I make another fold along each vertical edge of the tag itself? In other words, when finished, will it be about an inch and a half wide, or will it be about 3 and a half inches wide (with blank white space at the left and the right of the tag itself?

I'm sorry. That was hard to describe. I hope somebody understands what I'm trying to say. My guess is that I fold it down to the inch and a half width so that there is no blank white paper to each side of the tag.

Now.... do I leave the paper at each end - top and bottom? Above and below where it says "staple here" ??

Am I overthinking this???? :D

I'm going to tape it all with clear packing tape, as that worked well with Princess tags. We are not flying, btw.

Thanks!!!! Glad I could entertain you. :p

I normally just fold it into about "thirds" so that the colored tag part is showing, use packing tape over it and secure through the handle of the suitcase.

It may not be "perfect" on their lines - but, all my luggage has been delivered safe and sound each time!

Have a great cruise!

I just fold my first luggage tag for departure this Friday. It ended up about 1 1/2" wide with just the color showing. It seems pretty sturdy which is what I was worried about. Now I have to staple it on the handle. I used tape one time and it took me a long time to get the "Sticky" off my luggage handle. They do have luggage tags at the pier that you can fill out the cabin number and put on your luggage. We are driving to the pier also. Can't say I would trust these tags in an airplane baggage department.

Ok thanks. I did fold it down to the smaller size so that no white is showing on either side. And I left the top and bottom part intact. And you're right... no tape is needed, as I used fairly thick stock of paper, and with so many folds, it was rigid.

Sooooo excited!! We leave Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It's our 5th cruise, having done this almost exact itinerary (Alaska) 5 years ago. First cruise with Norwegian. Hope we like it.

I just fold my first luggage tag for departure this Friday. It ended up about 1 1/2" wide with just the color showing. It seems pretty sturdy which is what I was worried about. Now I have to staple it on the handle. I used tape one time and it took me a long time to get the "Sticky" off my luggage handle......

Out of an abundance of caution, I always semi-laminate with tape. But always BEFORE stapling, in fact before leaving the house when I am flying in and spending a hotel night. Properly wrapping it around pretty much eliminates any risk of sticky getting on the handle ... or anywhere else.

The paper tags MUST work because they've used them for months now, but my 85 year old Dad is frantic about them, so we have the NCL paper tags, the leather covered ID that came with the suitcase, plus one other tie on ID tag, AND one inside each bag. I think we'll be OK, but he's still positively hemmhoroidal about it. Don't know how to spell that word, but you know what I'm going for.

Morning... Have found inexpensive clear long luggage tag holders. Put them on bags, with paper tags folded accordingly, just before checking luggage. They work great and are reusable. Ordered online. Email me at rkent three one four at aol dot com. Can't post site on CC

haha!

not a dumb question...at all !

i got fustrated with them and just let the porter put them on at curbside.

I mean (if you're flying) who carries a stapler with them to 'staple here'. Nor do i carry tape with me!! :eek:

Morning... Have found inexpensive clear long luggage tag holders. Put them on bags, with paper tags folded accordingly, just before checking luggage. They work great and are reusable. Ordered online. Email me at rkent three one four at aol dot com. Can't post site on CC

.....from Cruise Critic and be very fashionable!

;)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

wasiii

haha!

not a dumb question...at all !

i got fustrated with them and just let the porter put them on at curbside.

I mean (if you're flying) who carries a stapler with them to 'staple here'. Nor do i carry tape with me!! :eek:

I picked up a mini stapler years ago and it stays in my back pack. Just as easy to carry as a pen and easier then stuffing tags in plastic sleeves that you also need to remember to pack.

anebyrat.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I just fold my first luggage tag for departure this Friday. It ended up about 1 1/2" wide with just the color showing. It seems pretty sturdy which is what I was worried about. Now I have to staple it on the handle. I used tape one time and it took me a long time to get the "Sticky" off my luggage handle. They do have luggage tags at the pier that you can fill out the cabin number and put on your luggage. We are driving to the pier also. Can't say I would trust these tags in an airplane baggage department.

Keep your tags with you until you de-plane. .. . then put them on suitcase either in the taxi (or transfer bus/limo) or even at the pier before you give them to the baggage handlers. They will still be in good shape, even if the airline baggage handlers break your suitcase, grrr.

Keep your tags with you until you de-plane. .. . then put them on suitcase either in the taxi (or transfer bus/limo) or even at the pier before you give them to the baggage handlers. They will still be in good shape, even if the airline baggage handlers break your suitcase, grrr.

I can say from experience paper tags folded right and stapled can out last the any baggage handlers. I had tags last from heathrow in a coach, into the ship, to the cabin, off the ship, into a cab, on to 2 flights back to the states, into the truck of the car service, and into my home still intact.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

We always just let the porters put the tag on when we get to the port. So much easier than having to keep up with more paper!

I did that in Quebec City last fall had I not noticed as they took my bags away they had written the wrong cabin number not sure when I would have gotten my luggage.

Am I the only one who still receives the color coded, already printed info on it, with the sticky peel and stick tags in the mail from NCL? I'm feeling pretty darn special about now because anyone who knows me on here by now would know I would have to write up a review of "how to make a luggage tag" along with tons of pictures if I had to do my own. :D

Am I the only one who still receives the color coded, already printed info on it, with the sticky peel and stick tags in the mail from NCL? I'm feeling pretty darn special about now because anyone who knows me on here by now would know I would have to write up a review of "how to make a luggage tag" along with tons of pictures if I had to do my own. :D

You and everyone else that books a suite get preprinted peel and stick tags. ;)

Archived