Need hotel suggestions

suzybeezy

Ok, I've been reading numerous threads on here, researching online for countless hours and my brain is about to explode! lol My friend and I will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale day before our cruise. We'd like to stay at a hotel on the beach - a fairly nice one that doesn't break the bank. But we expect that being on the beach it will cost a little more (ideally we'd like to stay under $175).Seems including breakfast isn't going to be a possibility, but would be nice. We just don't want to be very far from the beach. I would assume we can get a shuttle or a taxi at a fairly minimal cost from the airport and to go to the port next day. So any suggestions?

www.sunny.org is a goo place to search. ;)

FLL area hotels near the beach:

Beach Place

Ritz Carlton

Alhambra

Westin

W

Hilton

Courtyard

Bahia Mar

B Ocean is near a few restaurants and walking distance to Galleria Mall.

Marriott Harbor Beach, Sheraton, and Best Western Oceanside are a little further but also walk-able.

Good luck! :)

And I guess it doesn't even have to be in Ft. Lauderdale. We could stay anywhere, as long as it would be on the beach and easily accessible to the port the next day. I'm just not familiar enough with the area to venture outside of Ft. Lauderdale, which doesn't seem to be yielding the results I was looking for. I did go one by one and checked each of those hotels and they either are too high, aren't available, or aren't in right location. So I guess we need to expand, but where? hmmmmm

I just checked a few: Lago Mar, Westin, Courtyard and Bahia Mar are all available the night before your cruise, and are within your price range. Harbor Beach Marriott and W are over your budget. I didn't check others but clearly you can stay at Fort Lauderdale beach in your budget. I'm not sure by what you mean by "in the right location" as every hotel listed is at the beach like you want. Taxis will cost about $20 from FLL and about $15 to PE. If you stay elsewhere, taxi fare can get much higher, as this area is very close to the port.

The B Ocean is close to Primanti Brothers.

Primanti Bros (originally from Pittsburgh) would be like home away from home. :)

We ended up choosing Bahia Mar. It seemed to fit best what we were looking for, plus they offered a Cruise n' Stay package, which included 2 free breakfast and transportation to the port (for a nominal price over the flat room rate). Seemed worthwhile and hotel seems decent, reviews on Trip Advisor seem pretty good, with a few bad reviews (every hotel seemed to have a few) but mostly all good. So we're excited to jump start our vacation with a day at the beach before we cruise. It will be a nice way to get into relaxation mode. :)

Thanks again everyone for your recommendations.

I've stayed at Courtyard on the Beach twice and think it is great for the price. Clean, the beach is across the street, and the location is excellent for walking to many places to shop, eat, and drink.

Primanti Bros (originally from Pittsburgh) would be like home away from home. :)

We ended up choosing Bahia Mar. It seemed to fit best what we were looking for, plus they offered a Cruise n' Stay package, which included 2 free breakfast and transportation to the port (for a nominal price over the flat room rate). Seemed worthwhile and hotel seems decent, reviews on Trip Advisor seem pretty good, with a few bad reviews (every hotel seemed to have a few) but mostly all good. So we're excited to jump start our vacation with a day at the beach before we cruise. It will be a nice way to get into relaxation mode. :)

Thanks again everyone for your recommendations.

Great choice! Primanti's is about 2 miles north and on the Suntrolley route. It's the best pizza at the beach! Bahia Cabana across the marina (south on A1A) is a cool place to chill too...it's run down but it's inexpensive and overlooking the marina, so it's a good place to enjoy a burger and drinks. They sometimes have live music at night.

Archived