Micky Arison Interview

You have to be registered user to see the interview.

I must be registered and don't know it. Anyhow, watched the minute or so that the "interview" runs. No surprises or new revelations. He said the biggest challenges are fuel prices and the continuing economic situation in Europe.

You have to be registered user to see the interview.

I must be registered and don't know it. Anyhow, watched the minute or so that the "interview" runs. No surprises or new revelations. He said the biggest challenges are fuel prices and the continuing economic situation in Europe.

If you click on the video (right at the top next to interview), it did play for me and I am not a registered user - guaranteed;)

When you're sailing more than one hundred ships, fuel prices are always going to be a concern. That's a lot of fuel.

IMO airline fares to and from Europe are a trememdous drag on European Cruises, where Americans are still an important part of the passenger complement.

IMO airline fares to and from Europe are a trememdous drag on European Cruises, where Americans are still an important part of the passenger complement.

Our Med cruise last year was our first venture back to Europe since I left there some 25 years ago. We cashed in a couple hundred thousand miles, plus a few hundred dollars for fees and taxes, and flew first class from San Antonio to Barcelona and then from Istanbul back home. Spoiled us. Now next year we'll be flying into Venice and then back home from Barcelona. Frequent flier miles are all gone so it's on our own dime this time. We just can't bring ourselves to fly to coach that far so we are going business class and quite honestly it's almost as expensive as the cruise. As much as we want to do even more cruises in Europe there's just so much the bank accounts can support so it's like an every other year or two between cruises. Already told the son he'd better not be counting on an inheritance. :D

he's still chairman and can replace any president who isn't doing things his way.He owns lots of stock and will still be in control just not doing day by day things and persueing his other businesses and ball club. He's too young to hang up his shoes and won't let the stock drop in value.

He's being replaced. What he thinks really doesn't mean much.

he's still chairman and can replace any president who isn't doing things his way.He owns lots of stock and will still be in control just not doing day by day things and persueing his other businesses and ball club. He's too young to hang up his shoes and won't let the stock drop in value.

He actually, though not in exact words, alludes to the fact he's still very much involved. As the single biggest stockholder it's not like they can ignore him.

Archived