Flights for Miami Departure

Roxy30

We are flying into MIami the day of the cruise and land at 12:46. I am looking at a 12:30 flight out of FLL for our return.

Are these flights doable?

Thanks for any help.

Danielle

I personally wouldn't be comfortable with either of those flights, especially the arrival flight into miami. Anything goes wrong and throws you behind an hour or two and you could potentially miss the ship.

Arrivals should be fine, but If possible i would arrive earlier. it could be done if price or other things prevent it. A departure at 12:30 from the port of Miami but leaving from FLL is probably not going to happen, but if you do self disembarkation and make sure you are one of the first off you may make it. May being the key word. If they delay the disembarkation at all you may not make it. It is a gamble so unless you are saving a lot of money I wouldn't do it.

We are flying into MIami the day of the cruise and land at 12:46. I am looking at a 12:30 flight out of FLL for our return.

Are these flights doable?

Thanks for any help.

Danielle

We always fly in the day before, but if we did fly in the day of, we would be taking the earliest flight possible. No way would we risk landing at that time to be on a ship just a few hours later. Way too close for me.

I know you didn't ask but it is a big mistake to fly in the day of the cruise. If something goes wrong you can easily miss the cruise and please know it happens often.

For the return flight that is fine.

I would urge you to change your first flight.

Keith

Thanks for the input. I just booked our flight in for the night before. I think I am going to go with the 12:30 home flight. From everything I read on hear, it appears that anything after 12pm is fine.

Thank you for all the help!!!!

Danielle

Thanks for the input. I just booked our flight in for the night before. I think I am going to go with the 12:30 home flight. From everything I read on hear, it appears that anything after 12pm is fine.

Danielle

Wonderful decision!!:) One less thing to stress about the day of.....

Danielle

From POM to FLL is about a 45 minute cab or shuttle ride; you need to be at FLL by 11:00 (earlier is better ;)), so that means off the ship and clear of customs/immigration with your bags and getting loaded in the vehicle by about 10:00 -- should not be a problem! :cool:

Good luck! :)

Archived