PC And Internet Access In A Royal Suite ??

Can someone help clarify ? - Some X brochures say that the Royal Suites (RS)

have "include a complete PC and internet access" -

others say - "work-area for PC - printer on request"

We are booked in a RS on the Millie - just curious - not really planning on "working" during the trip - but would be nice if it's true that a PC plus access

is included ! (How much is access per minute ?)

We were in a Royal Suite on the Infinity in May 2005. There was a Computer in our room with a flat panel screen. You have no access to the hard drive. There was no printer but think you could ask for one. You could get full internet access from it. Prices were steep! beginning at 75¢per minute and going as low as 50¢ per minute depending on the package you bought. Also if you took computer classes onboard you could get to your 'stuff' via this computer.

There was also a way to unhook this computer and hook up my husband's laptop instead.

Enjoy the suite -- It was Fabulous! The jacuzzi on our deck was my FAVORITE part! The room was so great that we hardly ever left it (except for meals). Even had a cocktail party for 10 people and it never seemed crowded...

-s

Room service was good -- at dinner times you can have your whole meal deliverd to your stateroom from the restaurant menu -- just let you Butler know in the afternoon. Off the reg room service menu we really liked the chicken noodle soup -- the stock they used was great! and it was neer too salty. My kids (who were in the connectin CC room) thought the pizza from room service was much better than the one in the buffet.

Yup, you can have your ironing done (I believe there is a charge) but to b honest, i found the dry cleaning services to be cheaper than our land based ones. Next time I wold pack less and have more launderd by X.

Also in the Royal Suite there will be more closet speace then you will know what to do with. The walk-in is fabulous -- dark wood and lots of room and there's another full length closet just off the dining room area. We loved the porthole next to the bed -- it was nice to look at the sea as soon as you opened your eyes.

let me know if you have more questions -- I may be able topost a few photos :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask was there any alcohol or other beverages provided in the royal suite? I have been in the owners suites of two other ships and they ask you when you get on to choose two bottles and all mixers and water is free in the room. I am on infinity in a royal suite august to alaska. Thanks.

Can I ask was there any alcohol or other beverages provided in the royal suite? I have been in the owners suites of two other ships and they ask you when you get on to choose two bottles and all mixers and water is free in the room. I am on infinity in a royal suite august to alaska. Thanks.

James, on our cruise on Century in February, we decided against hauling booze across the country. We ordered two bon voyage liquor packages from Celebrity, one with Beefeater's gin and the other with Abolute vodka. Each liquor package comes with your choice of 6 sodas, and a nut and snack package which turned out to be quite generous. The packages cost $50.00 each, and seems to us to be quite reasonable when you consider the convenience of having them delivered to your RS. Incidentally the liquor bottles are 1 litre and not the US fifth.

I am sure that you will enjoy your RS. We like the RS on the C-class ships, because we have floor to ceiling windows in both the bedroom and in the living room.

Archived