Hollywood Beach Marriott, Grand Opening!

Bequia

The Hollywood Beach Marriott is now open. This brand new hotel is located directly on Hollywood Beach. It's only 12 minutes from Port Everglades, 15 minutes from FLL. Rooms should be available during those hard-to-book dates as many are not aware this property has opened. ;) http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/fllof?WT_Ref=mi_left

Was thinking about this for my vacation next month. Used to be Howard Johnsons....so, I was concerned.

I called....they closed the place several months and redid the whole thing. The gal at the desk said everything was new and beautiful....and the rooms were "gorgeous".

Still not sure where I will end up, but maybe I will at least check it out if I go elsewhere.!

If anyone in the area has been inside, how's about posting???

Yes, it is the old HoJo's. No need to be concerned though, you wouldn't recognize it. It's been Marriottized. They gutted it completely, rebuilt it from the ground up added meeting rooms, ballroom, restaurant, 5 story parking garage. An attached marina along the intercoastal is in the works. Sundeck, whirlpool spa, fitness center, beachfront pool, sailboat rental and watersports. Other amenities include beachfront pool with tiki bar, sundeck, whirlpool spa and fitness center. I'll be near there this weekend, let you know better after the 4th. ;) http://www.hollywoodbeachmarriott.com/

Conceptual drawing: http://www.hollywoodbeachcra.org/developmentprojects.php?id=4

doone - that's the exact question I've been asking myself... will I be able to get this on Priceline? I don't know if "new" properties tend to go with Priceline, or not. Anyone else have any experience with this?

I just called the hotel to inquire if any of the rooms at a balcony. The man I spoke with said they ALL DO. Funny, you would think something like this would be touted big time on their website but no mention. I'm not familiar with Hollywood (nor FLL for that matter), not sure if this is a good location for one night pre-cruise, or maybe it's too far away?

I'm looking for a room with either a balcony or at least operable windows for ventilation.

I just called the hotel to inquire if any of the rooms at a balcony. The man I spoke with said they ALL DO. Funny, you would think something like this would be touted big time on their website but no mention. I'm not familiar with Hollywood (nor FLL for that matter), not sure if this is a good location for one night pre-cruise, or maybe it's too far away?

I'm looking for a room with either a balcony or at least operable windows for ventilation.

They only just opened, usually they'll work the bugs out before they actively promote their property. It's located on Hollywood Beach approximately 12 minutes from Port Everglades. (Thats south of Ft.Lauderdale, north of Miami)

I wonder if this new Marriott will ever be awarded on priceline????

Good question. My guess is probably not. It's a brand new property on a gorgeous beach. If they maintain their pricing below Harbor Beach Marriott Resort and Spa rates this hotel will probably enjoy a 90-95% occupancy rate. When they complete their marina on the adjoining intercoastal waterway rumor has it that the water taxi will be adding it to their route.

so glad to see the ol ho-jo finally gone! last time we stayed, they gave my credit card credit! the room was terrible and the place was so run down. i was on hollywood beach the1st of june, it wasnt open yet. hollywood beach is our favorite on the east coast. they have a broadwalk, a sidewalk that runs for 2 miles, always people on it, skating, walking renting bikes, restaurants and a few bars, shops all on the beach. and a beach with palm trees on it. alos have a bandshell that they have music all the time and folks dancing and singing. and locals come out with lawn chairs and listen to the music. good beach with lifegaurds. only a few minutes to the port. sunny.org can tell you more hotels.

The Marriott will be the gem of Hollywood Beach. The location is the best. Almost all rooms have views of the Atlantic ocean. I know the rates over 4th of July were $229.00 a night. I thought that was a little pricey.

The Marriott Hollywood Beach is running a Grand Opening special through August 31st......rooms are $159 per night. After that the pricing looks very similiar to the Marriott Harbor Beach FLL, which is one of our favorite hotels in Ft. Lauderdale.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the ribbon cutting for the Marriott. It is definitely gorgeous inside and out. As for location, it is very convenient to both Fort Lauderdale/HOLLYWOOD International Airport and Port Everglades. (Both are partially within the City of Hollywood).

For those that find the Marriott to be to pricey, but still want to enjoy Hollywood's great beach, proximity to the port, and affordable accommotations and restaurants, check out http://www.visithollywood.org for a full listing of Hollywood properties.

Archived