Anxious about room..help!

I have a balcony room on deck 8... I have 3 adults and my 16 year old daughter in the room. In the photos I'm only seeing room for 3 sleepers...please assure me we will all fit! Does the couch fold out? Is there another bed that drops down somewhere?

I have a balcony room on deck 8... I have 3 adults and my 16 year old daughter in the room. In the photos I'm only seeing room for 3 sleepers...please assure me we will all fit! Does the couch fold out? Is there another bed that drops down somewhere?

Call RCI and ask them about your particular cabin. One year our children ( all teens) shared a cabin and it had 2 twins and upper berths that pulled down.That however was an inside cabin.

We need to know the stateroom number to give an answer.

8110. Thanks!

Here's the deck plan:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/JW/2013-apr/jw_deck08_v2013_apr.pdf

You can see the full diamond symbol on 8110. That means the stateroom has a pull out sofa bed (sleeps one), and a pullman bed that extends down from the ceiling. Those plus the main bed (which sleeps 2) means the stateroom will accomodate 4 people.

Another tip for 4 adults sharing one cabin...bring a power strip. If all of you need to charge phones, cameras, nooks, iPads, etc...you'll need it. There are barely enough outlets in a cabin for 2 passengers, much less 4! You'll also want to pack coat hangers. There probably won't be enough of those either :)

Another tip for 4 adults sharing one cabin...bring a power strip. If all of you need to charge phones, cameras, nooks, iPads, etc...you'll need it. There are barely enough outlets in a cabin for 2 passengers, much less 4! You'll also want to pack coat hangers. There probably won't be enough of those either :)

Cabin steward will be happy to bring additional hangers.

You will be fine. The cabin steward will miraculously change the room to a full bedroom at night and back again to a lounge during the day. They are brilliant......you won't even know when they do it!......

They will change the towels as often as you need them and bring extra this and that......

Remember how hard they work at tipping time.....but they will get 4x the going rate for your cabin as there are 4 peeps!

Have a wonderful cruise.......

One good idea I read, for the times you are all trying to get ready at one time, is that you can go to the gym/health club and shower there. The bathrooms are large and lovely and no one cares if you actually use the gym or not.

I think this was posted by a Dad who was sharing a cabin with his wife and two teenage daughters. He used the gym showers instead of having to take a number and stand in line . . . LOL!

****Just saw that someone else already posted this idea . . . Sorry for the dupe!****

One good idea I read, for the times you are all trying to get ready at one time, is that you can go to the gym/health club and shower there. The bathrooms are large and lovely and no one cares if you actually use the gym or not.

I think this was posted by a Dad who was sharing a cabin with his wife and two teenage daughters. He used the gym showers instead of having to take a number and stand in line . . . LOL!

****Just saw that someone else already posted this idea . . . Sorry for the dupe!****

I'm such a DAD......and I will use the gym facilities too.......plus a sauna before dinner too!

it will be tight, but it is doable. Remember to check the facilities near the gym; many ships have nice showers there. That might relive the stress getting the stateroom bathroom now and then. have a wonderful time.
This worked for us when our son and grandson went with us (just once-LOL). They showered and shaved in the gym before dinner.;)

While there is a lot of storage room in cruise staterooms these days, in a situation where you have what is basically four adults in one room, this would be a good time to bring the over-the-door shoe holder (with the clear plastic pockets).

Hanging it on the outside of the bathroom door gives you TONS more storage space for the little things that will clutter up your area, and it also provides you access to some of your toiletries even when someone is using the bathroom. Hairbrushes/combs, hair accessories, jewelry, sunscreen, lotion, cosmetics, etc., can all be kept in the cabin in an easy-to-find spot.

You can also use the pockets for sunglasses, cell phones, cameras, SeaPass cards, excursion tickets, ballcaps, etc. Don't forget that the walls are all magnetic as well, so if you have hooks or clips with a strong magnet, you can hang things from anywhere on the wall. In lieu of magnetic clips/hooks, you can also use the Command adhesive products.

There is probably a small clothesline in the shower to hang wet swimsuits, but with four people, you're going to run out of room, and even if the suits are not crowded on the line, they'll likely take two days to dry. Extra hooks to hang swimsuits around the room might come in handy.

Archived