Loved the Breakaway!

Mooder

Just disembarked this morning. We liked it more than we could have expected. Review to follow but

Highlights: cabin layout, deck 12 aft balcony, connecting balconies, spa!, food, entertainment, waterfront, slides

Negative: pool deck-avoid and go to h20 or vibe or spa or balcony or one of the many other lovely spots throughout the ship.

And of course Bermuda was wonderful!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Just disembarked this morning. We liked it more than we could have expected. Review to follow but

Highlights: cabin layout, deck 12 aft balcony, connecting balconies, spa!, food, entertainment, waterfront, slides

Negative: pool deck-avoid and go to h20 or vibe or spa or balcony or one of the many other lovely spots throughout the ship.

Hi! Great meeting you! Thanks for organizing the Meet/Greet! Very busy doing laundry and will post this week but we too LOVED the Breakaway!

Out 4 BA De k 13 cabins, connecting, had our balconies opened from the moment we got inboard until last night. We did it ourselves.

Every NCL employee always said hello, hi or have a great day. Went to Guest Services three occasions for various things (not problems) and all three were very, very nice. Even received a call from Guest Services during my trip to see how my trip was going.

Ate at Merdono, LaCuccina, Cagneys and Tappanaki, Taste twice and OShannans with our party of 10. First night at Tappanaki they gave us 3 bottles of wine (one for each couple) for booking a specialty restaurant on first night.

Saw Rock of Ages, Howl at the Moon and ended our night with Slam every night.

Had the UBP and it was excellent! Have all my receipts but it was a plus for us and will look at them this week at work. Had a martinis, all frozen drinks, margaritas and beers! Was wonderful and when we were at a bar, venue, pool once they knew we were all together just used one card and put all drinks one one card.

Like Mooder said main pool deck very crowded but we found spots the two days we were out. One in H2o and the other the upper deck (rather look at water than the pool anyway). My dd-19 and her 2 friends that sailed with us with their families always had a chair and they participated in the pool games and all said it was one of their beat cruises.

My ds who is hard to ease surprised us that he wanted to be at the kids club every free moment. They always had things going on for that age group and it seemed like they kept them all engaged. My ds loved the cruise. My sister has 3 ds under 10 and they all utilized the clubs and had a great time.

Went to Horseshoe Bay Beach, Black Bay Beach and rented a private catamaran and sailed with Captain Leon from Sally Bum Bum and highly recommend him.

Did early walk off and extremely easy and off the ship and outside by 8:45 am (the 10 of us, along with my dd's friend family that traveled in bus with us left our cabins at 8:20 am so about 30 minutes to get off and through customs).

Maybe we were lucky but never waited more than 1 minute for elevator and with a full sailing kids and teens were very, very well behaved

Sorry, guess I types more then planned but it was an excellent cruise and vacation. It was our 3rd NCL cruise but we have cruised about 14 times.

Ill try to post more and pictures after I catch up at work this week.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry, on my phone and see all my typos. My dd said it was one of best cruises not "beat" cruises lol and my son is hard to ease not "ease" lol.

Oh, used iConcierge. Worked great for all of us with exception of my dh but was wonderful for all of us to keep in touch.

So happy you had a great time. We also loved the Breakaway. I can't wait to read all about it. ;)

Oh, used iConcierge. Worked great for all of us with exception of my dh but was wonderful for all of us to keep in touch.

How did iconcierge work, do you add each other phone numbers or room numbers, was it easy to set up, we are traveling with about 25 of us, and hope that will be a great way to stay connected, also why did your dh have problems with it

Thanks Mooder & js. We are all going with open minds and plan on having a blast. Knowing what to expect is half the battle. I'm just so happy to not be at work, no cooking or cleaning and traveling with 40 family members and friends making awesome memories.

Also loved the Breakaway! Employees were all beyond outstanding! Every one said hello, good morning, etc, always called me madam. The bartenders at the pool were awesome! Yes, the pool is really crowded and a bit like a Long Island club. But, we found a spot to park our stuff and we wandered around. We were from age 7 to 67 so we needed a central spot, and the pool deck was it. The kids could come and go from th slides and ropes and buffet, and grandma could read in the shade. The ropes course was so much fun, and a little scary. So glad I walked the plank. What an experience!

Food was great. We ate mostly in MDRs. Hubby and I had a nice dinner in the Manhattan Room. Band was playing, and our waiter was singing to me. Food was tremendous! It felt so special.

It was my sons birthday and he got 2 cakes and a cupcake. We had Teppanyaki for his dinner and it was the most entertaining hibachi I have ever seen.

BTW, we were able to make reservations in the MDR for 9 people without any problems.

There's so much to say....aside from the pool being too small, there was nothing else that wasn't awesome.

I would also like to thank Mooder for setting up our M&G. It was nice to meet everyone along with the Captain and other department heads. I agree with the others that it was difficult to find seats near the pool. My boys complained the kids pool was colder and saltier than the main pool. Lucky for them they were allowed to use the main pool because the kids pool was closed at various times. I feel the pool area was poorly designed where everything seemed very cramped compared to the other NCL ships we have been on (Gem, Epic and Jewel). The wait times for the slides was pretty short. The mini-golf was not the greatest but my boys enjoyed it. The ropes course was pretty cool but you had to go through 3 lines to get onto the course. The first to sign the waiver and get your harness, the second to get you into your harness and the last to get you hooked up onto the course. We had dinner in Tappanaki, Cagneys, Le Bistro, LaCuccina, Savor and Taste. Service was great in all except for the meal in Savor where the entire meal took 2 hours. My wife and I caught Rock of Ages and thought it was great. Do not bring your young children to the show unless you don't mind them hearing profanity and sexual innuendoes. Disembarkation was quick and painless. Tip, when you exit and want a taxi, don't go with the crowds crossing the street to the taxi stand, instead take the elevator up to the second level to catch one.

Hi Kathy,

So glad you had a great time. Looking forward to your review! Loved your pictures of Horseshoe Beach :-) Did they do the Circ dinner show or Rock of Ages show while in port? Curious :D

Jusy curious, are the alternatives to the crowded pool deck all free or must you pay an additional fee?

so glad to hear that you were able to get martinis with the UBP. Was there any discussion about it or was it clear that it was included?

I asked and he gave it to me. I posted my own little observations since I didn't want to highjack Mooders thread :)

Hi! Great meeting you! Thanks for organizing the Meet/Greet! Very busy doing laundry and will post this week but we too LOVED the Breakaway!

Out 4 BA De k 13 cabins, connecting, had our balconies opened from the moment we got inboard until last night. We did it ourselves.

Every NCL employee always said hello, hi or have a great day. Went to Guest Services three occasions for various things (not problems) and all three were very, very nice. Even received a call from Guest Services during my trip to see how my trip was going.

Ate at Merdono, LaCuccina, Cagneys and Tappanaki, Taste twice and OShannans with our party of 10. First night at Tappanaki they gave us 3 bottles of wine (one for each couple) for booking a specialty restaurant on first night.

Saw Rock of Ages, Howl at the Moon and ended our night with Slam every night.

Had the UBP and it was excellent! Have all my receipts but it was a plus for us and will look at them this week at work. Had a martinis, all frozen drinks, margaritas and beers! Was wonderful and when we were at a bar, venue, pool once they knew we were all together just used one card and put all drinks one one card.

Like Mooder said main pool deck very crowded but we found spots the two days we were out. One in H2o and the other the upper deck (rather look at water than the pool anyway). My dd-19 and her 2 friends that sailed with us with their families always had a chair and they participated in the pool games and all said it was one of their beat cruises.

My ds who is hard to ease surprised us that he wanted to be at the kids club every free moment. They always had things going on for that age group and it seemed like they kept them all engaged. My ds loved the cruise. My sister has 3 ds under 10 and they all utilized the clubs and had a great time.

Went to Horseshoe Bay Beach, Black Bay Beach and rented a private catamaran and sailed with Captain Leon from Sally Bum Bum and highly recommend him.

Did early walk off and extremely easy and off the ship and outside by 8:45 am (the 10 of us, along with my dd's friend family that traveled in bus with us left our cabins at 8:20 am so about 30 minutes to get off and through customs).

Maybe we were lucky but never waited more than 1 minute for elevator and with a full sailing kids and teens were very, very well behaved

Sorry, guess I types more then planned but it was an excellent cruise and vacation. It was our 3rd NCL cruise but we have cruised about 14 times.

Ill try to post more and pictures after I catch up at work this week.

Hi, Im js's Mom and I was also on this cruise, cruised with my family of 9, well 10 counting me. I agree with everything Mooder and my DD have said.

I have to admit, after reading all the negative reviews before the cruise I was alittle skeptical, but I went with an open mind and I have to say I think it was one of the best, if not THE BEST, cruise I have been on.

As mentioned before, all the staff were always pleasant and some even went above and beyond to be helpful and to please us.

The balconies were small but we had all the dividers opened and it made it really nice when a few of us were out there. The pool area was crowded but my 3 small grandsons (ages 9, 7 and 5) had a blast in the Sponge Bob pool area and also used the family pool. I enjoyed Spice H2O and on the last day, when I had had enough sun, I found a very comfortable seat on deck 16 which was shaded, covered, and I could look out at the ocean. I think I was there for 3 hours or so just relaxing and reading my book.

As js said, we ate at a few of the speialty restaurants and enjoyed them very much. I think my personal favorite was Tepanyaki, the food was great! And we got those free bottles of wine which weren't bad either.

I loved each of our 3 days in Bermuda. Horseshoe Bay Beach was beautiful and we all enjoyed it, from me (the grandmother) down to my youngest grandson age 5. The private catamaran with Capt Leon was awesome. I was thinking I might skip this but so glad I decided to push myself and go. Capt Leon was very entertaining, from giving us interesting information about Bermuda to singing to us on the way back to the ship. He provided snorkel equipment, tubes, noodles and rafts to float on. It was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Our 3rd day in Bermuda we went to Black Bay Beach. It was small and for awhile we were the only people on the beach. So relaxing. They had chairs and umbrellas to rent and in the afternoon made bar be que chicken for us. Perfect day!

We saw Howl at the Moon (loved Laurie, one of the piano players), Slam Allen, Rock of Ages (my family enjoyed this more than I did) and the comedian/magician.

All in all it was a wonderful trip, I can safely say, all 10 of us had a wonderful time.

In closing, thanks Mooder for the meet and great. Another fun time, loved meeting all the cc people as well as the staff of The Breakaway.

Hi, Im js's Mom and I was also on this cruise, cruised with my family of 9, well 10 counting me. I agree with everything Mooder and my DD have said.

I have to admit, after reading all the negative reviews before the cruise I was alittle skeptical, but I went with an open mind and I have to say I think it was one of the best, if not THE BEST, cruise I have been on.

As mentioned before, all the staff were always pleasant and some even went above and beyond to be helpful and to please us.

The balconies were small but we had all the dividers opened and it made it really nice when a few of us were out there. The pool area was crowded but my 3 small grandsons (ages 9, 7 and 5) had a blast in the Sponge Bob pool area and also used the family pool. I enjoyed Spice H2O and on the last day, when I had had enough sun, I found a very comfortable seat on deck 16 which was shaded, covered, and I could look out at the ocean. I think I was there for 3 hours or so just relaxing and reading my book.

As js said, we ate at a few of the speialty restaurants and enjoyed them very much. I think my personal favorite was Tepanyaki, the food was great! And we got those free bottles of wine which weren't bad either.

I loved each of our 3 days in Bermuda. Horseshoe Bay Beach was beautiful and we all enjoyed it, from me (the grandmother) down to my youngest grandson age 5. The private catamaran with Capt Leon was awesome. I was thinking I might skip this but so glad I decided to push myself and go. Capt Leon was very entertaining, from giving us interesting information about Bermuda to singing to us on the way back to the ship. He provided snorkel equipment, tubes, noodles and rafts to float on. It was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Our 3rd day in Bermuda we went to Black Bay Beach. It was small and for awhile we were the only people on the beach. So relaxing. They had chairs and umbrellas to rent and in the afternoon made bar be que chicken for us. Perfect day!

We saw Howl at the Moon (loved Laurie, one of the piano players), Slam Allen, Rock of Ages (my family enjoyed this more than I did) and the comedian/magician.

All in all it was a wonderful trip, I can safely say, all 10 of us had a wonderful time.

In closing, thanks Mooder for the meet and great. Another fun time, loved meeting all the cc people as well as the staff of The Breakaway.

How did you open the dividers and how many people fit once u opened it?

Archived