Summit leaving NY today

IWORK2CRUISE

This was too funny this afternoon. While viewing the NY harbor cam the Celebrity Summit was eclipsed by the container ship Yang Ming.

You could clearly see the XX on the stack and some passengers were walking the upper deck. They looked like they were walking above the containers.

Sorry for those passengers who asked their families to watch sailaway.

photo.jpg.b277c765727a349abc2384498832d7da.jpg

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Cruising next June on Summit to Bermuda. Maybe you can answer a question for us. Do the "hump" cabins have balconies? The hump is on the opposite side of glass elevators deck 6,7,8,and 9. Some people say yes others say no. Can't seem to find anything to confirm balcony. Thanks! Enjoy that cruise!

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Cruising next June on Summit to Bermuda. Maybe you can answer a question for us. Do the "hump" cabins have balconies? The hump is on the opposite side of glass elevators deck 6,7,8,and 9. Some people say yes others say no. Can't seem to find anything to confirm balcony. Thanks! Enjoy that cruise!

Those are CENTURY SUITES and now have balconies since ''solsticization''.

Cheers

Those are CENTURY SUITES and now have balconies since ''solsticization''.

Cheers

On the Summit those Suites are called Celebrity Suites. They are wonderful. Very large and true suites with a separate bedroom and livingroom diningroom. The balconies were added a couple of years ago- they aren't huge, but adequate.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

Sailing next week on the Summit, this time have a Sky Suite- not nearly as nice as a Celebrity suite, but this is an extra cruise for us!

Hi,

I found the picture quite funny...because the Summit was the first Celebrity ship we cruised on, and when we became Celebrity fans...however, I have also had the pleasure of "cruising" (a different experience altogether) on a Yang Ming Container ship !! Combine the 2 lines....!! (San Miguel beer was FREE and plentiful !! on my Yang Ming trip:D, and dinner at the Captain's Table...was everynight)... voila...best of both worlds !!

Woody

Me too.......I watched the web cam sail away yesterday also.....usually do on sat's and Suns....looked for a little bit like they were racing each other to the bridge......was weird....thx for your post.....now I know I wasn't the only one who saw it :)

Archived