What do I need to know before boarding Freedom of the Seas?

My husband and I have a cruise coming shortly on the FOS (on sept 29th ) We have been in several carnival cruises, only one RC cruise and this is our first 7 day cruise..

Any tips, pointers, must see/do's that I need to know would be appreciated.

So far all I have gotten figured out was to reserve my ice show time (which I did) but I don't want to miss out on anything...

If you want to do the Flowrider, sign the waiver info online so you can save time. The windjammer buffet is always busy on embarkation day. Eat lunch at Sorrentos or cafe prommenade. Its much more laid back. walk the perimeter of the ship on the outer deck and see the heli pad, deck 4 or 5 cant remember. get an umbrella drink and enjoy

Prepare yourself to be blown away. Freedom of the Seas is full of WOW everywhere you turn. I literally rolled around in my chair with my jaw dropped for at least a couple hours after boarding.

It will be SO MUCH different than any Carnival ship you have ever been on.

Most of all, ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!!!!!! Awesome ship! Awesome crew!

Definately check out Cafe Prommenade when you embark. Good food, seats and nice place to catch a quick snack and people watch. Agree with the above....check out the Helipad...nice place for sailaway (although sometimes very crowded). One day my adult son and I walked the ship and went up to the Helipad -- it was empty -- he paced it off and told me what size helicopter would be able to land (he's a Blackhawk Helicopter Pilot).

The Champagne Bar is a nice place to grab a late night drink -- which we did numerous times and took to our balcony to finish off the night.

If you don't want to participate in the Flow Rider, there are seats there where you can watch the participants -- which is sometimes quite a sight.

Mini Golf, Rock Wall, Solarium pool and hot tubs are great.

Have a great trip and report back to us when you return!

I am making a list of things to remember to do, and helpful hints. I don't want to miss a thing.

We were going to take the carnival Dream and it was pretty close to the same price but out TA told us this would be much better. From all the photos and reviews I can only imagine I'm going to be totally in awe!! I can't wait!!

Take advantage of Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade on the Royal Promenade! I'm not sure if they still do this, but when I was on Freedom, they had a variety of delicious little Italian desserts (think tiramisu, etc.) at Sorrento's in addition to pizza -- it was so much fun to stop by every night after the show and see what was available that night!

One thing that the Freedom definitely gets right is the "WOW factor!"

Take advantage of Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade on the Royal Promenade! I'm not sure if they still do this, but when I was on Freedom, they had a variety of delicious little Italian desserts (think tiramisu, etc.) at Sorrento's in addition to pizza -- it was so much fun to stop by every night after the show and see what was available that night!

One thing that the Freedom definitely gets right is the "WOW factor!"

Yes, they still have those nice little desserts and biscotti too in Sorrento's... One of my favorite stops on the Promenade, once I figured out that the "pizza" place had more than just pizza.:)

Just got off the freedom a week and 1/2 ago and it was our first cruise. We really liked the ship. We went to the pasta demo at Portofinos on a sea day. it was $15, included a pasta demo, 3 course lunch ( abbreviated menu - appetizer, pasta and dessert. There were 3 apps to choose from, 3 pasta selections and a dessert ). It also included a tour of the galleys. Great value for the money.

We enjoyed going to listen to all the live music around the ship in the evening.

The pool deck was too crowded for us and with my history of melanoma - I have to avoid sun - so I found Deck four ( under the lifeboats ) a perfect spot for me. The chair hogs were having a convention in the solarium.

We found the wiondjameer manageable on embarkation day. We were there early, staff were helping folks find seats and it was not too bad ( and i hate crowds ).

Just got off the freedom a week and 1/2 ago and it was our first cruise. We really liked the ship. We went to the pasta demo at Portofinos on a sea day. it was $15, included a pasta demo, 3 course lunch ( abbreviated menu - appetizer, pasta and dessert. There were 3 apps to choose from, 3 pasta selections and a dessert ). It also included a tour of the galleys. Great value for the money.

We enjoyed going to listen to all the live music around the ship in the evening.

The pool deck was too crowded for us and with my history of melanoma - I have to avoid sun - so I found Deck four ( under the lifeboats ) a perfect spot for me. The chair hogs were having a convention in the solarium.

We found the wiondjameer manageable on embarkation day. We were there early, staff were helping folks find seats and it was not too bad ( and i hate crowds ).

That pasta demo does sound interesting. I'm gonna have to look into that!!!

We signed up for the Meet and Mingle on our FOS cruise. They held it in the Olive or Twist lounge. I am so glad I went. This lounge has the best views. It was incredible. The emcee for the mingle was hilarious and several door prizes were handed out. Several people won 30 minutes of free internet! I didn't win anything, but it was nice to meet some people who post on Cruise Critic. So, my advice is register for the Meet and Mingle and visit the Olive or Twist lounge.

Archived