Back to Back and Switching Cabins

ChatKat in Ca.

We are doing a back to back cruise and switching cabins. Our first cruise is very port intensive so we are booked in a Concierge C and our 2nd is a PH3.

I know we don't have to "pack" and they move you is what I have heard. Who here has moved and what did Oceania do to facilitate the move?

We are doing a back to back cruise and switching cabins. Our first cruise is very port intensive so we are booked in a Concierge C and our 2nd is a PH3.

I know we don't have to "pack" and they move you is what I have heard. Who here has moved and what did Oceania do to facilitate the move?

We have moved and besides getting everything in cabinets and in the bathroom together our butler did it All. It was a pleasure! Don't know who will do it for you when you don't have a butler but you wlll be taken care of because it's

Oceania!. :)

We did a B2B on Riviera this past April 21 to April 28 to May 5, Barcelona to Rome to Venice. We were Concierge for both legs, but were on GTY for the second leg. They moved us from 9005 to 9004 which sounds like it is right next door, but was starboard vs. port side---so different hallways.

The cabin we were moving INTO was one of the first ones cleaned and prepared the morning of the switch and we were into the second cabin completely by 10:15. We were told they would take care of everything (even drawers and bathroom contents), but I tried to help by packing what I could. When they came to move us, they took the suitcases first and DH and I followed carrying some clothing on hangers. Housekeeping took the hangers from us and did not want us to be seen carrying anything to the new room saying they would be 'frowned upon' if the guests did any of the move themselves.

The cabin switch was otherwise a complete non-event. Plus it gave me an excellent opportunity to get organized for the second leg and also to do some laundry that morning.

I don't know if this is typical, but those passengers doing the B2B received an invitation to optionally have lunch at Jacques with other guests doing the B2B (rather than going to Terrace). About 40 of us took advantage of the opportunity and it was a lovely menu from which to select for our quiet and somewhat private lunch. I don't know about this happening on other O ships or other sailings. I can only speak as to what was extended to us on our B2B.

Of course, we were completely free to leave the ship and visit Civitavecchia, but we had been there (and also to Rome) previously. We opted for the relaxing day on the ship.

Enjoy!

We did a B2B and had no butler, but got the same treatment. I had packed a couple of items that weren't in drawers that I wanted to move, e.g. meds, but they did the rest. Drawers out and hanging items moved with no fuss. We moved We moved from an A1 to and A2 becasue we booked the 2nd cruise much later. It was starboard to port and down a number of cabins.

Perfectly handled, no worries. Enjoy your cruises.

Glad to hear this as we are doing a b2b in November. We will go from a B3 on deck 7 to a PH3 on Deck 10. We really want to go to the Picasso Museum on switch around day but may not be possible. We probably need to be onboard by 4 I would presume.

Thanks for the question and answers.

Pearl

Glad to hear this as we are doing a b2b in November. We will go from a B3 on deck 7 to a PH3 on Deck 10. We really want to go to the Picasso Museum on switch around day but may not be possible. We probably need to be onboard by 4 I would presume.

Pearl

Be sure and tell the concierge you want to go to the Museum and I knopw they will take carer of you early so you can go!

Jancruz1

Pearl

You should try to be at the museum as close to when they open as possible.

It's such a treat when it's not full but of course you'll enjoy it any time.:)

We were there last July right before noon, and it was not too busy. When we were leaving the crowds were building. There is a nice restaurant right across the street where we had lunch. Enjoy!

Thank you all for the tips on seeing the Picasso Museum. I will be sure to see the concierge to apprise him/her of our plans on turn around day. We are so excited about our upcoming cruises.

Thanks again.

Pearl

Pearl,

The last time we were in Barcelona we were planning on a return visit to the Picasso but the line was so horrendous that we changed our minds. I don't recall what day of the week it was but I remember it was raining that day, and there were a lot of ships in port. So even though we were there fairly early, the lines were too long.

But there is a lovely museum right across the street that we visited and were glad we did. So bear that in mind!

This is the Barcelona Barbier-Mueller Museum of Pre-Columbian Art.

We like pre-columbian stuff better than Picasso anyway.

OTOH, we adore the Miro Museum in Barcelona ...

Mura

There are so many wonderful things to see in the city. Another recommendation if the above don't work out is Palace of Catalan Music. We toured it when the lines we so long at Picasso Museum and we didn't want to spend all our time in line. Here's a link with the explanation. Well worth the entrance fee. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-d190824/Barcelona:Spain:Palace.Of.Catalan.Music.Palau.De.La.Musica.Catalana.html

Enjoy whatever you do.

We bought the Articket at the TI on La Rambla, and had 3 busy, rainy mornings visiting the 7 museums. Cost was 22 Euros, Picasso cost was just 9. BUT, at every museum, you can bypass the long lines. Just show your Articket, and you will be shown to a separate area where you are issued a ticket, and your Articket is stamped. When you have a time crunch, this could be the answer.

While you can only go to each museum once, it's good for 6 months, just in case you plan on returning. And it includes Gaudi's Casa Mila, Miro and more. We found it a great value, saving money as well as time. You can also buy the Articket at participating museums. Looking forward to our next visit to BCN in Nov. '14. Marlene

When changing cabins on a b2b cruise, there is no need to pack anything if you don't want to. Staff literally takes the drawers out of the dressers and replaces them with the empty ones from the new cabin. All the drawers are interchangeable. Hanging clothes get hung on a rolling rack and moved in that manner.

I believe all lines do it in this manner, as we have moved on both HAL and AZ, and this is how both lines handled the move.

Go out and enjoy yourselves, or just hang out on-board.

That's cool about the drawers--never thought of that! Does that mean that the drawers in a PH would correspond to a regular balcony cabin? I wonder how they package up the toiletries and such in the bathroom, the safe contents, shoes and stuff.

We have always packed up our toiletries and drugs(:D) ourselves. We could never ask our butler to do that. Still a very easy move.

How many museums do you have to visit to make the Articket worthwhile? I'm thinking that in November, when we're there for 5 days, the number of museums we visit will be weather-dependent.

Depends on what museums you want to visit. I dug out the Steve's guidebook I used last year. Prices in Euros were: Picasso 9, Casa Mila 14, Miro 8.50, Catalan Art Museum (MNAC) 8.50. There are also 3 minor museums included in the Articket price. Of course, prices will have gone up at all of them, as well as the Articket, but you can see that there is a financial savings. We valued saving time by not waiting in line (in the rain) more than the Euro savings. Marlene

Archived