Caribbean Princess Buffet Question...

atlcple2

For those of you who have already been on the CB, it is my understanding that the Horizon Court is a seafood buffet...do they have other stuff besides seefood there or is there another buffet? I know they have pizza and burgers. The reason I ask is that my husband doesn't eat seafood and we love salads and light stuff for lunch. Thanks everyone! Happy Cruising!

When we cruised last summer, the Horizon Court was closed all but the first eveing and the Cafe Caribe took over. Even on the nights that seafood is the speciality, there were still other things on offer. I am sure he will find something to his liking. (The Caribe Cafe is directly aft of the Horizon Court)

When we cruised last summer, the Horizon Court was closed all but the first eveing and the Cafe Caribe took over. Even on the nights that seafood is the speciality, there were still other things on offer. I am sure he will find something to his liking. (The Caribe Cafe is directly aft of the Horizon Court)

Thanks for the info. I'm sure he will find something to eat. Being that I love seafood, I am really looking forward to the food!

The Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe is not a seafood restaurant. They are buffets with alternating fare each night. The Horizon Court and the Cafe Caribe are right next to each other on the Lido deck and are separated by a lobby type area in between.

During the day, the Horizon Court is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Different sides are open at different times. You can get your food in the buffet line at the Horizon Court and then carry your food into the Cafe Caribe to eat it. It's usually less crowded and far cooler in there. Then, during the day, there's all kinds of food to eat in the Cafe Caribe side of things.

On the Caribbean Princess, they have the Seafood Extravaganza in there on the night of Sailaway from Ft. Lauderdale on both the Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. I was on both. Then, during the week in the Cafe Caribe, they offer different specialties from the places you visit. They have an amazing variety of offerings. Here's a sampling from the Western itinerary on the June 4-11 sailing:

Saturday, Chilled Seafood Extravaganza from 6 til 10, Shrimp Cocktail, Lobster Claws, King Crab Legs, Smoked Salmon, etc. Awesome.

Sunday, Bierfest, Traditional Bavarian cuisine with special German Beers

Tuesday, Rijstafel Rice Table Buffet, Stews and Rice dishes (Delicious!)

Wednesday, Grilled Caribbean Rock Lobster, Beef Wellington, King Crab, etc. Click on this link to see some of it, courtesy of nicecara:

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=285271206&key=ygHrvX

Thursday, Down Island Hunter's Spread

Friday, Creole Cookery

There is no pizza or burgers in the Horizon Court. That stuff is out by the pool. The pizza is at Prego's. You just walk right up and choose from three types of pizza. Just tell them what kind you want and they hand you a plate. No extra charge. The burgers, dogs, brats, chicken breast and fries are at the Trident Grill out by the pool opposite Prego's. Same thing, just walk right up, tell them what you want and walk away with it at no extra charge. Both are open from 11AM til 8PM daily.

On top of all this, we haven't even gotten to the main dining rooms which are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. As God as my witness, your Husband will not go hungry on the Caribbean Princess!

Horizon Court is closed at night on Caribbean Princess?

Do they have sweets in Cafe Caribe?? How late are they open?

The Horizon was not open in the evening when we sailed the CB last summer but the Cafe Caribe was. Coarse things could have changed since then.

Cafe Caribe is open very very late at night--it is a buffet then with hot and cold food as well as cookies, cake and other sweets. Rather than buy the candy sold at MUTS, we went to Cafe Caribe and picked up some strudel, cake, and chocolate chip cookies to munch on while watching the movie. Beats popcorn! :)

Les

There is always plenty of NON- seafood stuff to choose from. Salad bar is always open for lunch and dinner. My husband doesn't eat seafood either and he was a very happy eater at the Horizon court and /or Cafe Caribe.

The Horizon Court is on the Lido Deck 15. It’s a very good buffet. To the rear of the Horizon Court bordering on the rear of the vessel is the Café Caribe. Here are their hours for the record:

4AM til 10AM Breakfast buffet with pastries in Café Caribe

6AM til 11:30AM Traditional Breakfast Buffet in Horizon Court

11:30AM til 4:30 Lunch buffet in Horizon Court

4:30 PM til 6:30PM Light snacks and buffet in Horizon Court

5:30PM til 11PM Dinner buffet in Café Caribe

11PM til 4 AM Bistro dining in Café Caribe with tablecloths and table service for drinks

Archived