Midnight Buffet on the Oasis?

Never saw one on the Allure. Although you can eat just about anytime.
I think you said it....You can eat just about anytime! The midnight buffets worked somewhat in their day. But that being said such a waste of food and time in todays cruise environment IMHO.....And honestly thought it was such excess back in the day when they were a common event.

I expected at least a snack bar open 24/7, I mean snacks -hot dogs, burguers and fries-

The cafe promenade was not really that good IMHO. Everything else was super good.

But well, they prevented me of gaining even more weight! LOL

No buffet on Oasis.

Midnight buffet I always felt was more for show than for actual consumption. Especially if you ate late seating and had just finished dinner 2 hours prior, who is going to eat again?

I do miss seeing the ice sculptures though. Oasis didn't even have an ice sculpture carving demonstration like I've seen on some other ships.

Hmmm..The other RCI ships have a one night (late) pool party with buffet..are you saying Oasis/Allure doesn't :confused:

They do not. Late night food options are Cafe Promenade and room service 24 hours, Sorrento's Pizza until 3 am or Vintages tapas until 1 am. Cupcake Cupboard and Starbuck's are open until 11 pm, too. Some nights Johnny Rockets and the Ice Cream Parlour were open until midnight. Most other dining venues close at 9 or 9:30.

I can't say if the Viking Crown Lounge offered tapas on the Allure and what times they were available if they did.

EDIT: Most of what I mentioned are extra charge, of course. ;) Only Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade are included. Room service fee of $3.95 applies between midnight and 5 am.

They do not. Late night food options are Cafe Promenade and room service 24 hours, Sorrento's Pizza until 3 am or Vintages tapas until 1 am. Cupcake Cupboard and Starbuck's are open until 11 pm, too. Some nights Johnny Rockets and the Ice Cream Parlour were open until midnight. Most other dining venues close at 9 or 9:30.

I can't say if the Viking Crown Lounge offered tapas on the Allure and what times they were available if they did.

EDIT: Most of what I mentioned are extra charge, of course. ;) Only Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade are included. Room service fee of $3.95 applies between midnight and 5 am.

Yes..I know...but I'm just surprised Oasis/Allure doesn't have a pool party (with buffet) even "one" night. Every other RCI ship/itinerary we have been on has had.

Yes..I know...but I'm just surprised Oasis/Allure doesn't have a pool party (with buffet) even "one" night. Every other RCI ship/itinerary we have been on has had.

Think about how crowded those are, on the pool deck.

Now picture twice as many people, on NOT twice as much real estate.

<shudder>

I think one reason might be because there's no single central pool area. We had one late night party in the Solarium on Allure, sponsored by some liquir company (can't remember), it was limited to 18 and over, and I don't remember any food.

Many things are simply done differently on Oasis and Allure than on other RCI ships as they really are a totally different class of their own. However, they have plenty of things that are unique to themselves that make up for what they don't have that the other ships do. Missing a late night pool party is a small trade off for what you do get in return.

I think one reason might be because there's no single central pool area. We had one late night party in the Solarium on Allure, sponsored by some liquir company (can't remember), it was limited to 18 and over, and I don't remember any food.

Yes, this is still going on. I believe it's Absolut vodka and it's billed as an on deck nightclub. Started at midnight and I did not make it so I can't speak to the crowd.

Well now you know and the surprise will be no more.:) If you ever get the wonderful chance to sail on either one of these ships you will not even think about the old midnight buffets. As Ocean Boy pointed out these two ships have so much going on and so many venues they are like no other ship sailing. They truly do have groundbreaking ideas and a different way of doing things. Hope you get the opportunity to sail them.:)

Thank you to everyone for all of the valuable info! We are cruising with our grown children and their spouses and they have never been on a cruise. You are right, we never ate @ the midnight buffets because we were so full from dinner however the display was awesome and we wanted to share the experience with them if it is offered on the Oasis. We specifically chose the Oasis because no one in our group will be able to say that they are bored. I have a feeling we won't even be able to participate in all of the activities on board due to time constraints LOL! :D

Thank you to everyone for all of the valuable info! We are cruising with our grown children and their spouses and they have never been on a cruise. You are right, we never ate @ the midnight buffets because we were so full from dinner however the display was awesome and we wanted to share the experience with them if it is offered on the Oasis. We specifically chose the Oasis because no one in our group will be able to say that they are bored. I have a feeling we won't even be able to participate in all of the activities on board due to time constraints LOL! :D
Everyone will be totally WOWED by the ship! What a treat for your family!:)

I think you said it....You can eat just about anytime! The midnight buffets worked somewhat in their day. But that being said such a waste of food and time in todays cruise environment IMHO.....And honestly thought it was such excess back in the day when they were a common event.

Excess? Nah... it was major element of a cruise "back in the day" especially if you had early dinner and no other options.. I understand why the midnight buffets that began at 12:00 have gone away, but I have great memories!

Excess? Nah... it was major element of a cruise "back in the day" especially if you had early dinner and no other options.. I understand why the midnight buffets that began at 12:00 have gone away, but I have great memories!

"Back in the day" how many options did you have to get food after dinner in the MDR was over?

Archived