Price of balcony?

I'm not sure if this is taboo or not but oh well...

What is the cheapest you've paid for a balcony on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on RCI? ( specifically Port Canaveral. ) I'm trying to decide if I should wait it out a little bit longer or jump!

Thanks for you help :)

This isn't in Florida, but just last week I snagged a balcony on the Explorer out of Bayonne, NJ for a 10 night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, for $200 less than the inside I had booked originally. That was after our balcony discount. It was $659 pp before the discount. I was a happy girl. ;)

Gwen :)

We found a balcony on the freedom for $699 in December. I'm wondering if I should wait closer to the date or buy it before it goes up...

We've done carnival and celebrity in the past and aren't sure if this is as low as the price will go.

Thanks for all your help!

This isn't in Florida, but just last week I snagged a balcony on the Explorer out of Bayonne, NJ for a 10 night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, for $200 less than the inside I had booked originally. That was after our balcony discount. It was $659 pp before the discount. I was a happy girl. ;)

Gwen :)

That sounds like a great deal! How did you get the discount?

We found a balcony on the freedom for $699 in December. I'm wondering if I should wait closer to the date or buy it before it goes up...

We've done carnival and celebrity in the past and aren't sure if this is as low as the price will go.

Don't wait, book it now! That's a very good price.

Don't wait, book it now! That's a very good price.

That's what I thought but since the cruise is all the way in December, I'm just wondering why it would be so cheap right now.

I agree with Bob. After I read the $699 I remembered seeing that but did not recall if it were Eastern or Western. The day after Thanksgiving til Christmas is one of the slowest cruise seasons, if not the slowest where you can get the best prices.

If I saw that price for December 2014 I would book it. Right now a balcony for next December is $949.

That's what I thought but since the cruise is all the way in December, I'm just wondering why it would be so cheap right now.

If the price goes down before final payment, you can get a price drop. So the only decision is do you book now, or wait until less than 75 days before the cruise.

Don't wait, we cruise on the Freedom a lot and that is the cheapest balcony I have seen in a long time. Good luck.:D

Thanks everybody for this thread. Just cancelled my cruise on the Independence for that same week and booked the Freedom. With the D+ discount, free gratuities, $100 OBC, included specialty restaurant and spa treatment for my wife not sure how I could pass it up.

Total price for two people in a balcony guarantee with D+ discount, taxes and all fees was 1361. Then for fun if I subtract the freebies ($100 OBC next cruise cert + $168 included tips + $60 Specialty restaurant + $100 spa treatment) ends up netting out to $933 or $466.50pp. Not too bad for a Freedom of the Seas balcony to the Eastern Caribbean.

I have booked guarantees many times in the past and have had good experiences. Most of the time after the cabin is assigned I will change it to one I like better but still in the assigned category. On my upcoming September cruise I was able to exchange an assigned guarantee to a corner aft.

Thanks everybody for this thread. Just cancelled my cruise on the Independence for that same week and booked the Freedom. With the D+ discount, free gratuities, $100 OBC, included specialty restaurant and spa treatment for my wife not sure how I could pass it up.

Total price for two people in a balcony guarantee with D+ discount, taxes and all fees was 1361. Then for fun if I subtract the freebies ($100 OBC next cruise cert + $168 included tips + $60 Specialty restaurant + $100 spa treatment) ends up netting out to $933 or $466.50pp. Not too bad for a Freedom of the Seas balcony to the Eastern Caribbean.

I have booked guarantees many times in the past and have had good experiences. Most of the time after the cabin is assigned I will change it to one I like better but still in the assigned category. On my upcoming September cruise I was able to exchange an assigned guarantee to a corner aft.

Congrats!!! Good deal. If it were not for the great CL on the Oasis I would have switched as well.

Congrats!!! Good deal. If it were not for the great CL on the Oasis I would have switched as well.

I agree the CL on Oasis and Allure is very nice with a great view but I like the diamond event in the Cript also.

I'm not sure if this is taboo or not but oh well...

What is the cheapest you've paid for a balcony on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on RCI? ( specifically Port Canaveral. ) I'm trying to decide if I should wait it out a little bit longer or jump!

Thanks for you help :)

My sister paid $899 for a balcony guarantee for our September Eastern cruise on Freedom. Her D3 balcony was assigned the next day and then she moved it to a more desirable D3 location. :)

Bob how did you get that price and when did you go?

I don't have my records at hand, but it might have been an early December cruise 3 or 4 years ago. It was back when the economy was on it's way down and many cruise prices were dropping.

If it is not too late, you can book a balcony Gty on FOS for Dec 1, 2013 for $699 and also get a $150 Savings Certificate discount. I did this last week and see that it is available again today on RCCL's website.

Archived