Price of balcony?

I don't have my records at hand, but it might have been an early December cruise 3 or 4 years ago. It was back when the economy was on it's way down and many cruise prices were dropping.

Loved that time Cruise wise!!!:)

We paid $810/pp including taxes and fees, for FOS in a few weeks. We also got $75 OBC per cabin, $100 per cabin for shore excursions and free port parking for up to three cars! We booked 3 cabins! :D

Thanks everybody for this thread. Just cancelled my cruise on the Independence for that same week and booked the Freedom. With the D+ discount, free gratuities, $100 OBC, included specialty restaurant and spa treatment for my wife not sure how I could pass it up.

Total price for two people in a balcony guarantee with D+ discount, taxes and all fees was 1361. Then for fun if I subtract the freebies ($100 OBC next cruise cert + $168 included tips + $60 Specialty restaurant + $100 spa treatment) ends up netting out to $933 or $466.50pp. Not too bad for a Freedom of the Seas balcony to the Eastern Caribbean.

I have booked guarantees many times in the past and have had good experiences. Most of the time after the cabin is assigned I will change it to one I like better but still in the assigned category. On my upcoming September cruise I was able to exchange an assigned guarantee to a corner aft.

You made out pretty good! I'm impressed. Where did you get all this? What TA do you use? My deal didn't end up nearly as good as yours.

I'm glad everyone could jump in on the deal though :)

right now for Sept. 1st Allure Balconies are like 999 which isnt bad last minute! :)

I havent done an balcony 7 night cruise yet

I did do two B2b cruises in a balcony, one for 4 days the next for 5 days, so 9 days total, was like 900pp :)

right now for Sept. 1st Allure Balconies are like 999 which isnt bad last minute! :)

I havent done an balcony 7 night cruise yet

I did do two B2b cruises in a balcony, one for 4 days the next for 5 days, so 9 days total, was like 900pp :)

That sounds pretty nice! Where did you go on the B2b?

I've only done balconies on carnival and celebrity and only royal caribbean for 3 day cruises so I'm excited for the change.

Sounds like the canceling of diamonds in December might be opening some of the rooms up at good prices. Wish I could go, but that is one week I have to be a work every year. A few times I have seen great prices the first week of dec and not been able to go because of work. I hate it when work gets in the way of fun.

Look for some of the cruises that depart from San Juan, we are doing a Jewell of the seas the end of the month and a balcony was only 679 then we added the C&A discount. Airfare then was only 104 dollars each way on southwest so no bag fees.

I've always wanted to do the one from San Juan. How was it? It's very port heavy but I like the option of staying on the boat or getting off.

It's always a shame when work gets in the way. Luckily I have a flexible schedule, that's why I was at odds if I should wait until closer to the date. What is canceling of diamonds?

I have booked guarantees many times in the past and have had good experiences. Most of the time after the cabin is assigned I will change it to one I like better but still in the assigned category. On my upcoming September cruise I was able to exchange an assigned guarantee to a corner aft.

First time cruiser who has two upcoming cruises with guarantee balconies. One has been allocated and one is still showing guarantee. They are in November December. How would I go about exchanging for a better cabin? We are travelling from Australia and would love to get the best experience we can for our limited budget

We found a balcony on the freedom for $699 in December. I'm wondering if I should wait closer to the date or buy it before it goes up...

Thanks for all your help!

Did you book it? I noticed that the $699 guarantee for the Dec 1 sailing is now gone. Hope you got in booked.:)

You made out pretty good! I'm impressed. Where did you get all this? What TA do you use? My deal didn't end up nearly as good as yours.

I'm glad everyone could jump in on the deal though :)

Yes I used a TA but I can't tell which one but if you search you should find it. The good news is if you booked directly with Royal you have either 30 or 60 days to transfer the booking to a TA to get potential perks.

A warning - once you transfer you have to make all changes through the TA and they usually have cancellation fees on top of the cruise line cancelation fees.

I did get a few people here at work to take advantage of the deal before it went away. A couple of them took the $449 interior with the $75 coupon because the balcony went bye bye first and all that was left were the interiors.

First time cruiser who has two upcoming cruises with guarantee balconies. One has been allocated and one is still showing guarantee. They are in November December. How would I go about exchanging for a better cabin? We are travelling from Australia and would love to get the best experience we can for our limited budget

Once your cabin is assigned determine the category ie , N,M E1, D3 etc. Then check to see if a more desirable is open in the category. I use Travelocity to see all the cabins that are available in any category graphically.

After you find the cabin you want call RCCL or your TA to change the cabin.

That sounds pretty nice! Where did you go on the B2b?

I've only done balconies on carnival and celebrity and only royal caribbean for 3 day cruises so I'm excited for the change.

We went on carnival out of New Orleans on the ecstasy to Nassau, half moon cay, and Freeport

Archived