FLL Marriott before cruise

surgie

In booking a Marriott hotel before a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, is there any reason to choose one brand over another (Courtyard, Fairfield Inn or Renaissance, etc.) for convenience to cruise ship dock? We will not have a car and will need transportation from hotel to the dock.

In booking a Marriott hotel before a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, is there any reason to choose one brand over another (Courtyard, Fairfield Inn or Renaissance, etc.) for convenience to cruise ship dock? We will not have a car and will need transportation from hotel to the dock.

We've stayed at the Fairfield and Springhill and they were both fine. Both had free shuttle to/from the airport, and a shuttle to the ship. The shuttle to the ship was something like $6 or $8 per person. I'd pick whichever was less expensive. The Courtyard and Renaissance typically don't include breakfast, whereas the others do.

In booking a Marriott hotel before a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, is there any reason to choose one brand over another (Courtyard, Fairfield Inn or Renaissance, etc.)

Yes, choose The Ritz! It's the best! (not going to be the best deal however!)

Hi -- we have stayed at the Dania Beach Courtyard (it is NOT on the beach) but it does have free shuttle from airport and to cruise port) - It is also located next to a Bass Pro Shop and also has a restaurant abutting the parking lot -- great place pre or post cruise!!!

I would make my decision on your budget and any preferences you have.

If you want a nicer brand of the three you mentioned that will also have a nice restaurant I would go with the Renaissance.

If that is not important and you are looking at lower price than either the Courtyard or the Fairfield are fine.

You can take a taxi to and from each hotel.

Keith

I would make my decision on your budget and any preferences you have.

If you want a nicer brand of the three you mentioned that will also have a nice restaurant I would go with the Renaissance.

If that is not important and you are looking at lower price than either the Courtyard or the Fairfield are fine.

You can take a taxi to and from each hotel.

Keith

My only concern about the Renaissance comes from reading the Trip Advisor reviews. Otherwise I like the brand.

I stay at the Courtyard all the time..the one right outside the airport...I think i'ts dubbed "cruise and fly" or something. Anyways, I love that hotel. It's a courtyard marriott, but if you have a car it's a great place to be within minutes of anything. Last time I stayed overnight as I had a 6 am flight next morning and I paid $35 to leave the car there for the week. Got a spot right in front of the door and had no issues. I wouldn't waste the money on a luxury hotel unless you have no car access and need to be on a beach and can walk to everything else.If you just need a decent place to sleep at night, I'd choose this one

Archived