Bed near balcony vs. bed near bathroom

General rule of thumb is find a connecting cabin near yours (if yours is not). Looking at the cabins from the hallway the connecting cabin on the left has the bed by the balcony. The one on the right has the bed by the balcony. The cabins switch back and forth between the configurations so go back and forth until you get to your cabin to see which you have.

If there is any different type of cabin (like a JS between balconies) or other non cabin something it can throw off the above "calculation", but otherwise it is pretty consistent.

So all connecting balcony rooms have the bed by the balcony?

So all connecting balcony rooms have the bed by the balcony?

No. The cabin on the left has the bed by the closet and the cabin on the right has the bed by the balcony.

Thanks for catching that, didn't go back and re-read :(.

Ocean Boy is correct, the cabin on the left has the bed by the closet, right has by the balcony.

Edited by akcruz

No. The cabin on the left has the bed by the closet and the cabin on the right has the bed by the balcony.

Thanks for catching that, didn't go back and re-read :(.

Ocean Boy is correct, the cabin on the left has the bed by the closet, right has by the balcony.

Thanks to both. That is what I thought...but then I was confused when both were "by balcony". Thanks for info and for clarifying!

Does the formula work for JS too?

Now I'm curious about the location of the bed on JS 8588 on GOS.

The formula only works for D category balcony staterooms on Oasis or Allure. The JS always has the bed near the closet and the sofa near the balcony. However, the JS on Grandeur has the closet in the entryway, so the bed does not get in the way of the closet as it does on D category Oasis/Allure staterooms.

Edited by clarea

The formula only works for D category balcony staterooms on Oasis or Allure. The JS always has the bed near the closet and the sofa near the balcony. However, the JS on Grandeur has the closet in the entryway, so the bed does not get in the way of the closet as it does on D category Oasis/Allure staterooms.

Thanks, Bob!

It also works for boardwalk and central park balcony categories as well as ocean view, central park view, and boardwalk view cabins.

It also works for boardwalk and central park balcony categories as well as ocean view, central park view, and boardwalk view cabins.

Thanks for the catch, I had forgotten about the inward facing balconies.:)

No, on Allure and Oasis the closet is located as you described on Celebrity's S class ships. I have had a cabin with the bed by the closet. It is very difficult to get in the closet when someone is sleeping without waking them up. I am a very early riser and I always got what I needed for morning out of the closet the night before. That being said, I do like the sitting space by the balcony door. When you first walk into a cabin with the bed by the closet it makes the cabin seem small and cramped until you get past the bed. My first reaction when I first entered our cabin on Oasis was what the heck is this, the closet? I guess there are pros and cons to both set-ups. I still much prefer the cabins on the Radiance, Voyager, and Freedom class ships.

We much prefer the bed by the balcony, I think the room seems bigger that way and less conjested. We also had the bed by the closet on Oasis and it was a pain to get anything in/out of the closet with the bed right there. Always prefer that the bed is over by the balcony, just makes it easier to get around the cabin in my opinion

We much prefer the bed by the balcony, I think the room seems bigger that way and less conjested. We also had the bed by the closet on Oasis and it was a pain to get anything in/out of the closet with the bed right there. Always prefer that the bed is over by the balcony, just makes it easier to get around the cabin in my opinion

I completely agree. We also had a bed by the closet on Oasis and found it really annoying. Bed by the balcony makes the room feel more open to us.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

How does it work if you are in a cabin in between 2 sets of adjoining cabins? For instance, boardwalk balcony 14309 on Oasis.

The only place this formula breaks down are the locations between a set of connecting rooms and a stnd-room connecting w/ a suite.

I am in such a room in 12 days and despite all my research, I am still at a loss :rolleyes: Well, here's to being surprised! Though I've narrowed it down to one of two possibilities :D

How does it work if you are in a cabin in between 2 sets of adjoining cabins? For instance, boardwalk balcony 14309 on Oasis.

This is where the formula breaks down, and I'm not sure there is a way to accurately predict without finding someone that has photos of that particular room.

This is my case as well.

This is where the formula breaks down, and I'm not sure there is a way to accurately predict without finding someone that has photos of that particular room.

This is my case as well.

In this case I believe that 14307 & 14309 are the pairs as the connecting cabin for 14307 is a handicap room. the bed should be by the Balcony in 14309. Anyone else agree with me?

In this case I believe that 14307 & 14309 are the pairs as the connecting cabin for 14307 is a handicap room. the bed should be by the Balcony in 14309. Anyone else agree with me?

I can certainly see your case...and you could win on the preponderance of the evidence. The only thing that gets confusing is that 14307 and 14309 do not connect, 14307 connects with the larger handicap room 14303. So determining where exactly the pair split is tricky.

Look at 14266 for example...same location as my cabin (different deck). I can make a case for bed by balcony as well, but there is no real way to tell how the orientation is affected by the GS 14260.

This thread from last year might help with those boardwalk balconies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1702864

And, see this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1516781&referrerid=254101

Over on the Celebrity board, there is a great thread pinned to the top of the board with a spreadsheet that has great information on every balcony cabin on the S-Class ships...Somebody really should do the same thing here perhaps?

Edited by Bruin Steve

• 5 years later...
On 7/31/2013 at 12:43 PM, akcruz said:

General rule of thumb is find a connecting cabin near yours (if yours is not). Looking at the cabins from the hallway the connecting cabin on the left has the bed by the balcony. The one on the right has the bed by the balcony. The cabins switch back and forth between the configurations so go back and forth until you get to your cabin to see which you have.

If there is any different type of cabin (like a JS between balconies) or other non cabin something it can throw off the above "calculation", but otherwise it is pretty consistent.

I know this is an older post, but thank you for the info!  Do Celebrity cruise ships follow this pattern too, or just RCI ships?

3 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

I know this is an older post, but thank you for the info!  Do Celebrity cruise ships follow this pattern too, or just RCI ships?

The only RC ships that follow that pattern are Oasis and Quantum class ships. 

I'd ask for Celebrity info here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/