Cozumel Piers

sastreet

I have a quick question for those who have been to Cozumel before. I am looking to book a private island tour for my parents and their friends with Island Marketing. The information I recieved from them is the tour guide will pick them up at the Punta Langosta Pier and the International Pier. From what I've read Carnival docks at the Puerto Maya Pier. The information shows this is a 2 minute walk.....is this correct. They are a little older and can't walk for long distance/periods of time. I just want to make sure it is an easy trip to make and not too diffiuclt to find. And has anyone done the private island cruise? All the reviews I've found on Trip Advisor, etc show it is excellent. The more input, the better as I'm sending my parents out on their own in another country :) I would like to make sure they get back to the ship and come home! Thanks in advance for any advice!

The International Pier is "next door" to Puerta Maya pier. From the ship at PM though to the entrance to the IP would be closer to a 10 minute walk. There are pedi-cabs at the piers though that could help your parents with the journey. I'm not sure if they operate first come first serve or if the Guest Services onthe ship can help arrange one. They typically go to the PM entrance for people to get into taxis and return to the ship to pick up another set of passengers. I think they are tips only.

Which ship is your parents sailing on? The Carnival Paradise usually docks at Punta Langsota and if there are more than 2 Carnival ships in port that day, the third may dock at the Internaitonal Pier or PL.

have not done that particular tour, but have used island marketing a few times with no problems. As above said, at least a 10 min walk to the pier head , and if you are at puerta maya, you must go through their shopping area, which i hate. Not so at international. The pedal cabs always seem to be available, as most people walk, so you should be fine.

To make the tour easy and safe why not book through Carnival. Your parents will meet the tour guide on the ship or right on the pier.

The tour is top 10 Best of Cozumel and Shopping for 59.99 ea. If you parents are slow walkers its going to take them some time to find the exit, walk out to the street and then locate the international pier. Plan on 20-30min walk time.

I just thought I would post a map that I have of an aeral view from google earth. You can see the docking of the 2 ports at the top of the right hand side labeld cruise port. That is International and Puerta Maya. The other dock is on up and is usually where NCL docks if in port.

MONEY%20BAR-M.jpg

I'm guessing if it's a "Private" tour, the company will pick you up at your pier. Just ask them. They are not going to make you walk from one to the next if they are only picking up your group, I wouldn't think.

Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Archived