New cruiser - Splendor 9/22

Malamel

I'll be going on my first cruise (yay!) 9/22 to Grand Turk/St.Thomas/Puerto Rico.

When it comes to packing, what are little things that you don't think you need until you're already sailing? I get anxious when it comes to packing that I'll forget something important. Any tips?

I bring a electric lighted clock, its dark at night and I like to see the time when I wake up. My clock is self setting so if I unplug it, and plug it back in, its sets itself.

I have gone very last minute and set down my purse with my credit cards and forgotten them...

I forgot my phone charger once and my mom was all worried because I didnt call her to say I arrived ok.

I forgot my tablet charger so now I ordered a back up to keep with a 2nd phone charger in my suitcase all the time so I dont have to remember them. I was so sad I couldnt play my games and was on Magic where they offered unlimited for $39.99 for the whole week.

Don't forget any over the counter meds like Advil, cold, allergy, stomach etc even if you think you won't need them. They will be VERY expensive to purchase on the ship should you need them.

Dollar bills for room service tips.

Hair gel or smoothing cream - even if you don't normally use it, you may need it on the ship. The sea air can make your hair really frizzy.

And this doesn't have anything to do with packing But, when the buffet is busy, remember the rotisserie is on deck 10, right at the aft elevators. Delicious chicken, mac-n-cheese, baked potatoes with topping selections, salad, corn on the cob, and NEVER a line! We never saw more than about 10-12 people up there at any time.

Hey cruisemate! I'll be on that sailing as well!!

Its my second cruise so I am super excited as well.

Go and join our roll call right here on cruise critic. We are actually having an ongoing discussion about important things to bring that many don't think about.

There is also a very informative section on here for first timers.

52 more days!!

Archived