Star west coast cancellations 2014

Cruise Junky

Any have an idea what's going on? Mid-September to early November is now gone and people have reported their cruise being cancelled.

interesting...too long for a routine drydock. after princess pledged to homeport a ship in SF for 2013-2014, perhaps they are reneging on that.

interesting...too long for a routine drydock. after princess pledged to homeport a ship in SF for 2013-2014, perhaps they are reneging on that.

She may still be based in SF, just not on the current routes that were for sale. Will be interesting what she does.

My husband is a TA and he received a notice of this change. Cruises to Hawaii are being cut in number, and more cruises to Mexico and coastal cruises are being added. The Grand will be sailing out of LA and the Star out of San Francisco.

My husband is a TA and he received a notice of this change. Cruises to Hawaii are being cut in number, and more cruises to Mexico and coastal cruises are being added. The Grand will be sailing out of LA and the Star out of San Francisco.

Interesting about Mexico being added as they were cancelled too. I guess they just needed to change the dates.

Our cruise on the Star out of San Francisco on 10/20/2014 was canceled. RT Mexico with Loreto and LaPaz as two new ports. Very disappointed especially since this is the second cruise that has been canceled for us in 2014! We also booked our favorite cabin :(

Looking forward to what may come.....it may be a cruise on the Royal out of NYC since we have a wedding there on 10/10/2014!!

Cheers, Denise

Our cruise on the Star out of San Francisco on 10/20/2014 was canceled. RT Mexico with Loreto and LaPaz as two new ports. Very disappointed especially since this is the second cruise that has been canceled for us in 2014! We also booked our favorite cabin :(

Looking forward to what may come.....it may be a cruise on the Royal out of NYC since we have a wedding there on 10/10/2014!!

Cheers, Denise

Thats too bad, hopefully its not a sign that Loreto and LaPaz aren't ready for some of the larger ships or vice versa. Not sure what princess will do, Hawaii is overserved and Mexico just isn't popular. The coastal cruises are hit and miss. Not sure how princess will make money next year in the Eastern Pacific.

With the exorbitant airfares we all are having to contend with, I surely hope they don't cut any west coast cruises and are only deciding on switching ships that would fit west coast itineraries better. I only started cruising Princess when I found out they were cruising out of San Francisco. There must be enough people who don't want to fly to Florida for all of their cruises and find SF as a great cruise port. I could be wrong.:confused:

With the exorbitant airfares we all are having to contend with, I surely hope they don't cut any west coast cruises and are only deciding on switching ships that would fit west coast itineraries better. I only started cruising Princess when I found out they were cruising out of San Francisco. There must be enough people who don't want to fly to Florida for all of their cruises and find SF as a great cruise port. I could be wrong.:confused:

Not as far as I'm concerned. We love, love, love sailing from San Francisco. Even though we have found incredible prices on our flights to and from FLL in October, it still involves days of travel and hotel stays.

Cheers, Denise

Cheers, Denise

We were booked on the same October cruise as Denise.

The email states to call on August 15th at 8am PDT to rebook.

Sounds like maybe there will be a 10 Mexico on October 1st.

It looks like there are some Grand sailings out of LA changing too, not just SF.

I guess we'll see.

Hi,

I was booked on the 7-day California Coastal cruise on the Star Princess that was scheduled to depart from San Francisco on September 21, 2014. However, I recently received notice that this cruise has been cancelled "due to deployment changes." My notice indicates that the Star Princess will now be doing seven-day California Coastal cruises departing on October 11 and October 18, 2014. According to the notice, these cruises will be open for sale on August 13, 2013. I will probably change to one of these sailings or the Crown Princess out of Los Angeles.

Chuck

i was booked on the october 20, 2014 sf to mexico cruise which was cancelled. however, the princess rep told me the same itinerary and same ship, the star, would be doing the cruise on november 14, 2014 so i booked that cruise and got the same wonderful cabin i so enjoy having.

perhaps they will have a sf to mexico cruise in early october and if they do, i might decide to take the earlier cruise but at least i know i have a cruise booked for the itinerary i want.

guess we all have to wait until august 15th and see they offer on the west coast.

cheers

Cheers, Denise

I feel your pain.. We were booked on the Grand Princess out of LA 10/20/14 R-T Hawaii for our anniversary. It was cancelled also.. very sad since this was the last leg of a B2B2B.

Archived