Freedom Price Increase?

CocoaMom

I know, nobody knows for certain, but in general I'm asking ... Should I expect to see the Freedom prices increase as more details emerge? Just curious for those that may have sailed right after a major dry dock if they did increase.

Just trying to figure out what to do - we're on DOD furlough and I'm not supposed to be booking until it ends ... But we're paying for 3 cabins and will have a problem if they begin to increase. Cruise we'll be booking is after dry dock.

Why would more details emerge that would increase prices? I guess I dont understand the basis of your question.

If 2.0 is done everyone knows what it is. If anything people avoid the next couple sailings after a dry dock as things are not always done.

I cant think of a single reason for a dry dock that is known ahead of time to push up prices. It would not affect my booking? It would have to make a bunch of unaware people say hey .. I want to book and rush to book and drive up demand.

I would not worry that dry dock will change the prices.

Yes, as you said other things could change prices up and down.. bad or good pr. Hurricanes, these are the things that affect supply and demand, not a scheduled dry dock. At least to me.

No one can predict, but, lately, prices have been dropping. The only ones that have increased (that I have seen) were at Christmas/New Years. If you book ES, you'll get the lower price if you ask for it.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D

We've been watching a sailing that is shortly after the drydock because we like the Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, DR itinerary. I just checked and prices haven't budged. We won't take the cruise since we won't go that close to a drydock with all the problems they have had. And, we're not willing to go when school is out so that pretty much takes the ship out of contention for us. We're locked into a couple week span in May. Probably flying to an All Inclusive resort for a week instead of cruising.

We've been watching a sailing that is shortly after the drydock because we like the Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, DR itinerary. I just checked and prices haven't budged. We won't take the cruise since we won't go that close to a drydock with all the problems they have had. And, we're not willing to go when school is out so that pretty much takes the ship out of contention for us. We're locked into a couple week span in May. Probably flying to an All Inclusive resort for a week instead of cruising.

Hi Deb, Did this cruise in May and had a ball. I have a question. Could you explain what dry dock means? I could Google it, but I want it in cruiser's terms. Thanks.

I'm on the May 24 sailing (2nd sailing after dry dock), and since I booked 6 weeks ago, no price increases or decreases. I get what you're saying though - if it's something that will be "in demand" and people will want to try, it could drive the price up. I'm kind of giving hope on enough price drops to get to balcony (I'm in a 4J now - I was hoping it would drop from an $800 difference to a blacony to a $200-$300. I can't justify almost paying for another full cruise just to get a balcony. blah!)

Archived