Bus from Civitavecchia to Rome FCO airport

hermioneb

I am told that there is a company that runs a bus from the port to the airport. I am wondering if anyone has used it and has any comments about the reliability. We are booked on a 13:00 flight and don't want to miss it! The train seems too much hassle and private transfers aren't cheap. Sorry if this has been covered before, but I don't seem to be able to find any information.

A 1 pm departure is very good and gives you plenty of time to get to FCO (about an hour drive from the port). We have never heard of a regular bus that makes the run to the airport (but we do not know everything) but the cruise line does provide many buses that transfer passenger....although they do charge a price. Private transfers can be cheaper and a lot nicer...but the trick is to join with a group (the more you get the cheaper per person). Many folks have found (and organized) private transfers on the CC Roll Call boards. In fact, we recently set up our own transfer with Romecab (with 8 people the cost is 25 Euros per person) and found other couples within a couple of hours via a post we put on our Roll Call.

Hank

I saw that CivitaTours was selling transfers from the shuttle bus stop at the exit from the port area. I have not taken them before, but found it interesting that they had about 5 'yellow-vested' staff promoting transfers when I was embarking on a cruise in May. They do have contact info on their website.

http://www.civitatours.com/en/transfer-aereoporto.html

Thank you for your replies. I have now discovered that the company I had heard about is called Smart Cruise Tours. They don't seem to have 100% good reviews for their tours, but I am wondering whether anyone has used their bus transfers. They also depart from the port gate and cost 20 euros per person, which seems to be the same as CivitaTours. Has anyone used either of these transfers?

I see that there is only one departure a day - between 9.15 and 9.30 (not Saturday).

http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/airport-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=12&product_id=103

We have not used it, but if it works it seems cheap compared to a taxi, and practical compared to the train.

Another option is to rent a car. You pick it up close to the port exit (Hertz) and return it at the airport. We'll be doing that is September, and are paying 80 €.

Screwcork

And we are looking for bus from FCO to Civit. port 11/27/13. Train not possible for us.

Unless someone has started a new service recently, there is none. There is a public bus but it's way too complicated, it's not a straight shot and requires a change of buses in the outskirts of Rome.

Perhaps a cruise line transfer is best for you, if you are unwilling or unable to find others to share a private transfer on your roll call.

Archived