Has the Pride drydock for Jan 2014 been canceled?

socsthecat

Anyone know for sure?

I was just about to book a Feb 2014 trip on the Pride. I've been on it 3 times before, and it DOES need a little spiffing up, so I was going with a post-drydock booking...

Now I see dates available all of January, when previously there was a 2 week gap :(

Anyone know for sure? TIA. I'll book elsewhere if it's not being drydocked.

Anyone know for sure?

I was just about to book a Feb 2014 trip on the Pride. I've been on it 3 times before, and it DOES need a little spiffing up, so I was going with a post-drydock booking...

Now I see dates available all of January, when previously there was a 2 week gap :(

Anyone know for sure? TIA. I'll book elsewhere if it's not being drydocked.

I have heard that it was being tabled. Dry docking or lack there of would make you not cruise? Looked fine when we were on her last year.

It wouldn't stop me cruising, it would make cruise on a different ship. I'm curious to try a 2.0 ship, and on the third time I cruised on the Pride I was noticing it needed some TLC.

I was looking at Feb 2014 specifically as it was after drydock - and it's also an ideal time to get away from the cold :)

I agree, I was on the pride late last year, and it needs some work... also, I have just come off the Glory, and the 2.0 features like Guys, Burrito Bar, RedFrog, and Blue Iquana, are really great additions.. I was going to book the Pride for april next year, but now that they are not going to install 2.0, I will not sail the pride, but will look for other options..

Yes, 2.0 will not take place for the Pride until the end of 2014. I posted about it this morning (another Pride thread..but I can't remember which one). Once I submitted it I got a e-mail from my TA stating that someone asked about the Pride and Dry Dock to someone at carnival and the reply was:

"The Carnival Pride drydock will now take place in late 2014 and we will finalize the exact dates in the next weeks. We do not currently have a place where our planned drydocks are shown. We try to provide information and timing about our Funship 2.0 enhancements well in advance of the drydock."

She stated it was from: Terry, Senior Vice President Revenue Management & Deployment.

So anyways...what to do. I WISH it was still in Jan since we wanted to travel July 2014. I really wanted to try Guy's Burgers.

I agree, I was on the pride late last year, and it needs some work... also, I have just come off the Glory, and the 2.0 features like Guys, Burrito Bar, RedFrog, and Blue Iquana, are really great additions.. I was going to book the Pride for april next year, but now that they are not going to install 2.0, I will not sail the pride, but will look for other options..[/

Totally agree. I was on the Pride in March of this year (definitely needs work) and was looking to book the Pride post 2.0 next spring one more time before she leaves Baltimore. I'm cruising on the Glory in October and can't wait to see the 2.0 features for the first time. As bigdog1958 said, I won't sail the Pride now that the dry dock has been tabled--it's time to research other options.

Does it really need to be drydocked already.

Can't it go a a few more years without maintenance.

Just like the Legend..

Actually the legend is going in for 2.0 drydock in April.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree, I was on the pride late last year, and it needs some work... also, I have just come off the Glory, and the 2.0 features like Guys, Burrito Bar, RedFrog, and Blue Iquana, are really great additions.. I was going to book the Pride for april next year, but now that they are not going to install 2.0, I will not sail the pride, but will look for other options..[/

Totally agree. I was on the Pride in March of this year (definitely needs work) and was looking to book the Pride post 2.0 next spring one more time before she leaves Baltimore. I'm cruising on the Glory in October and can't wait to see the 2.0 features for the first time. As bigdog1958 said, I won't sail the Pride now that the dry dock has been tabled--it's time to research other options.

What work does it need, 2.0 aside?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived