Breakaway - Moving Up Starting Time for Rock of Ages

qvenedandan

I have just received an email notifying me that for my upcoming cruise on 9/1, the starting time for Rock of Ages will move up from 7:00pm to 6:30pm (Tuesday & Wednesday).

On the other hand, based on my phone conversation with NCL, it seems like there's no corresponding change to open Splash Academy earlier so that parents can drop of their kids prior to 6:30pm. One representative even said that my option would be "switching to a later show starting at 9:30pm, and paying an hour babysitting fee for your kids to stay pass 10:00pm."

It's hard for me not to think that as another way for NCL to generate revenue... :rolleyes: Should I just leave my kids to wait outside Splash Academy till the doors open at 7:00pm? My kids are not too little, as they will be in Dolphin and Seal clubs.

Surely I will try to reach out Splash Academy once I get on board (9/1), and hopefully they will have proper arrangement by that time.

That stinks!! I wonder why they are doing that?? I will also need the Splash Academy to go see it.. I had heard that they were allowing drop off at 6:45 for the 7pm show, but 6:15 I would think is pushing it! I will not be on until December so hopefully they will have it figured out by then!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

The Splash Academy opened early for the guests with Rock of Ages reservations. Even sent us a voicemail letting us know, great service!

Hi PinoyCruiser - Do you know how much earlier does Splash Academy open to accommodate guests with Rock of Ages reservations? So far I only got the email notification about moving up starting time of the show, but no notification for Splash Academy...

I have just received an email notifying me that for my upcoming cruise on 9/1, the starting time for Rock of Ages will move up from 7:00pm to 6:30pm (Tuesday & Wednesday).

On the other hand, based on my phone conversation with NCL, it seems like there's no corresponding change to open Splash Academy earlier so that parents can drop of their kids prior to 6:30pm. One representative even said that my option would be "switching to a later show starting at 9:30pm, and paying an hour babysitting fee for your kids to stay pass 10:00pm."

It's hard for me not to think that as another way for NCL to generate revenue... :rolleyes: Should I just leave my kids to wait outside Splash Academy till the doors open at 7:00pm? My kids are not too little, as they will be in Dolphin and Seal clubs.

Surely I will try to reach out Splash Academy once I get on board (9/1), and hopefully they will have proper arrangement by that time.

I got the same email today. DH and I have reservations for the 6:30pm show on 9/4 (Wed). Since we will be in port, the kids crew will be open. I called NCL to verify.

This is very interesting. I wonder if this is a means of crowd control. Maybe there is too much going on at 7pm or the dining halls are packed before the show or something. There have been many reports of crowded dining MDR's.

Or it could be something totally different.....just thinking out loud ;)

This is very interesting. I wonder if this is a means of crowd control. Maybe there is too much going on at 7pm or the dining halls are packed before the show or something. There have been many reports of crowded dining MDR's.

Or it could be something totally different.....just thinking out loud ;)

That is a good thought.. maybe then people would have a late afternoon snack and not be trying to squeeze in dinner before the show and eat after instead.. I just hope it is true that they are opening the kids club to accommodate that.

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Archived