Sensation Oceanview 5 people

libertyschool

Hi! Planning a cruise next spring out of Port Canaveral. We are a family of 5 and according to Carnivals site we can all share an oceanview stateroom. 2 uppers and a trundle. I'd love to hear from anyone who had sailed in an oceanview with this set up. Pics would be great! Thank you!

Hi! Planning a cruise next spring out of Port Canaveral. We are a family of 5 and according to Carnivals site we can all share an oceanview stateroom. 2 uppers and a trundle. I'd love to hear from anyone who had sailed in an oceanview with this set up. Pics would be great! Thank you!

Have never done a ocean view with that set up before but sounds like it would be crowded no matter how the beds were set up.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We had an overview on the Sensation and we had four people. We had one "king" bed a, twin and a bunk. I can't even begin to think where we could have fit a fifth bed! I guess they have rooms that accommodate this though. We were so cramped. I don't think I would room with more than two other people again. But it probably depends on who you're rooming with, and you don't really spend that much time in the room anyway. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

We had an overview on the Sensation and we had four people. We had one "king" bed a, twin and a bunk. I can't even begin to think where we could have fit a fifth bed! I guess they have rooms that accommodate this though. We were so cramped. I don't think I would room with more than two other people again. But it probably depends on who you're rooming with, and you don't really spend that much time in the room anyway. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

two uppers against the walls over the two twins.. and you set up either the roll away or a trundle bed in between or push the twins together (so its hard to get up on the uppers) and the rollaway would be next to it.. wall to wall beds.

Hope no one is the type to need the bathroom during the night. There is little floor space left on this class. OVs are the same size as insides unlike newer ships where the OVs are larger.

Are the beds coming out of the wall or the ceiling? Do you have pictures of them closed up? Just curious, because they look like they are coming out of the wall and I have never seen that. I may just be being dumb too lol

IMG_5188.JPG

1238718542_MFQpY-L.jpg

The beds fold up and they gave us a roll away bed that I had them remove. I was on the Sensation a few years back and it was the DH and me and 3DS. They were 6,8,9. I would not want to do that again now because there were just four of us on this last cruise and it was a bit cramped to me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

IMG_5188.JPG

1238718542_MFQpY-L.jpg

Keep the lower beds apart will greatly increase the usuable space in the cabin. One under the window and one across from the vanity.

The trundle is great for those under 4'6". For anybody taller request a rollaway.

Store luggage under the beds.

we do this every cruise. our last cruise my boys were 13,14 and 22. we had no problems at all. going on another one in Nov. we put the two twins together put the rollaway at the end of the bed. makes it easy for anyone to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.:)

Thanks for the replies! Pics are great! This would be for a family of 5. 3 daughters ages 20,13 and 10. 10 year old is very small for her age so the trundle would be fine for her, or maybe not use the trundle at all, put all 3 girls in the "King" and hubby and I each on a pull down. Food for thought! This would be a short 3 or 4 day cruise following a week at Disney. The idea is just to relax and wind down before the long drive home. We probably wouldn't spend too much time in the room. We all shared an oceanview on the Dream a few years back but it was a family oceanview and bigger than this.

We had five in a cabin twice. Once it was an enormous Spa OV cabin, which was bigger than the Grand Suite. Not only did we not feel tight...we felt spoiled.

The other time was an inside cabin on the Inspiration. This was on our very first cruise. At the time, the kids were 14, 14, and 15. We knew it would be tight and it was. However, it was NOT as bad as what some people will try to say it is. It really wasn't bad at all. The rollaway was a twin bed that was equally as comfortable as every other bed. I would do five in a cabin again in a heartbeat if it worked out significantly cheaper than purchasing two cabins.

For our next family cruise this fall, I got two cabins, but only because the price difference was only $100 total

Lemme see if I can dig up my old thread that I posted on this topic after our first family cruise.

How does a family of five share one bathroom? :eek:

We had no problem with it, but even if we did, we would just have made more use of the Spa showers. They are much nicer than the ones in the cabin anyway. And the spa locker rooms also have better lighting and more outlets, so they are a nice place to get ready.

How does a family of five share one bathroom? :eek:

we only have one bathroom at home and that works just fine. there is also the showers in the gym area._------ but i agree to'keep the beds on the floor seperated and under the upper beds. the way it is set up in the picture the person on the side with the window will have no room to get in and out of bed. lets not even talk about going to the bathroom at 3am

We had no problem with it, but even if we did, we would just have made more use of the Spa showers. They are much nicer than the ones in the cabin anyway. And the spa locker rooms also have better lighting and more outlets, so they are a nice place to get ready.

some people say that 2 in a cabin is tight.:eek:

BTW I'm not one of them.:)

Bill

It was never the bathroom time that was a problem for me. It was climbing over DH and bumping my head on the upper in the night. I did not care for that at all it got a little annoying.

It was never the bathroom time that was a problem for me. It was climbing over DH and bumping my head on the upper in the night. I did not care for that at all it got a little annoying.

Been there, done that.:)

You should have gone to guest services and gotten a helmet.:p

Bill

We'll be coming off of a week vacation in Orlando 3 days at Disney and 2 days at Universal. This is just a "wind down" cruise before the 2-3 day drive home. I've never cruised out of Florida, my 2 past cruises were out of NYC. I thought I'd take advantage of a very inexpensive cruise on Sensation, since we are in Florida anyway. If this were the main portion of our vacation I would spring for 2 rooms and probably be booking a 7 or 8 day on Sunshine rather than a 3 day on Sensation, but for this trip, it'll do. Being on a cruise, falling asleep to the gentle lull of the sea, relaxing in a deck chair all day by the ocean and chocolate melting cake will more than make up for the cramped quarters at night. :) I was just curious of what the set up looked like. I'm quite pleased with the pics I've seen actually. Thanks again for the pics!

Archived