NCL / MIAMI Arrival times

DISNEY1975

10:30 am would be cutting it to close. You arrive in port at 8am but it will take the ship time to actually dock. You can save time if you carry your own luggage off the ship instead of setting it outside your door the night before but I really think a flight time no earlier than 12:00 noon would be more realistic and less stressful.

10:30 am would be cutting it to close. You arrive in port at 8am but it will take the ship time to actually dock. You can save time if you carry your own luggage off the ship instead of setting it outside your door the night before but I really think a flight time no earlier than 12:00 noon would be more realistic and less stressful.

Bummer, but thanks!! Id rather pay the extra 200pp than miss the flight and have to pay 500pp later!

Thanks

Since the ship "usually" docks earlier than advertised, "if" there are no complications with immigration letting guests off the ship, you could "probably" make that flight. But with those what ifs emphasized, you should have a back up plan already in place. A guarantee that you will make it no sweat, no.

An advantage of a later flight is you can relax the last morning, breakfast, and no hurry. But then it is also about the dollar difference of the flights of course.

Thanks everyone. There was a non stop at 10:45am for $370, but I don't want to "sweat" !! So I booked a 2:30pm, with a stop for $560. Bummer, but at least I know we'll be home and not stranded at the airport!

Love this site!! Great information from all :)

Thanks everyone. There was a non stop at 10:45am for $370, but I don't want to "sweat" !! So I booked a 2:30pm, with a stop for $560. Bummer, but at least I know we'll be home and not stranded at the airport!

Love this site!! Great information from all :)

Hate to spend extra money, and extra time in an airport.... but, you did the right thing. If you missed the earlier one, chances are the later one would be FULL and not available.

And, you know avoid the EXTREME stress trying to get off the ship ontime.

Yes, there is a fair chance you could make a 10:45... but...

Hate to spend extra money, and extra time in an airport.... but, you did the right thing. If you missed the earlier one, chances are the later one would be FULL and not available.

And, you know avoid the EXTREME stress trying to get off the ship ontime.

Yes, there is a fair chance you could make a 10:45... but...

Exactly, and it will be just me and my 10 year old. At least with hubby I could vent a little (and probably blame him!!) if we missed it! But this time, I would be in complete panic mode if we cut it close, or missed it completely!

Was hoping someone would chime in and say..yeah, no problem, you have plenty of time! But, I appreciate honest answers from experienced travelers. This site is amazing! I probably would have booked the earlier one and been in big trouble!

You did the right thing. Why end a wonderful stress-free holiday with all that stress. Had you not booked a flight yet, I was going to suggest that you check out the FLL airport. I just booked from Cleveland to FLL for this February for less than 230 each, which included 2 free bags per person. The van from there to the POM is $15 each, plus tips.

I was going to mention FLL as well. We've flown into and out of both MIA and FLL and prefer to go through FLL if we can. We almost missed our flight home from our honeymoon because the baggage check-in at MIA was so horrible (granted that was 14 years ago, but anyway)

YIKES! Wish I has known. I already depressed enough. Went to write down my vacation time at work on Monday and noticed our trip runs through Easter. April 20th next year?? Now Ill be spending it sans 1/2 my immediate family and also leaving my mother with no place to go. Not to mention, my daughter will miss out on egg hunting / basket etc... Tix were non refundable and for over $1100K plus $500 cruise deposit, Im keeping my plans :(

Archived