Sapphire swimming pools

dwelsh

I would appreciate learning if any of the pools on the Sapphire have easy access for my mobility impaired wife? ie., the ability to enter pool via shallow steps rather than by built in steps with rail.

I would appreciate learning if any of the pools on the Sapphire have easy access for my mobility impaired wife? ie., the ability to enter pool via shallow steps rather than by built in steps with rail.

I think the adult only aft pool might work for you. Small steps with a rail that go right into the pool.

The Lotus Spa pool does have steps leading into it. But, in order to access them you need to come down a flight of stairs . Here's a photo of it:

3600816293_a2b5b48313_z.jpg

Sapphire Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Here are photos of the other pools. They all have a latter as you can see:

Neptune's Reef and Pool:

3600815393_fee41b398b_z.jpg

Calypso Reef and Pool:

3383433191_40355929d3_z.jpg?zz=1

Splash Pool:

3384244674_9a09740e5c_z.jpg?zz=1

Terrace Pool:

3601625418_307599189b_z.jpg

The Lotus Spa pool does have steps leading into it. But, in order to access them you need to come down a flight of stairs . Here's a photo of it:

3600816293_a2b5b48313_z.jpg

Here are photos of the other pools. They all have a latter as you can see:

Neptune's Reef and Pool:

3600815393_fee41b398b_z.jpg

Calypso Reef and Pool:

3383433191_40355929d3_z.jpg?zz=1

Splash Pool:

3384244674_9a09740e5c_z.jpg?zz=1

Terrace Pool:

3601625418_307599189b_z.jpg

Perfect pic of the aft pool. Those are small stairs leading into the water.

Makes me miss the Sapphire all the more. Dang I miss that pool.

Perfect pic of the aft pool. Those are small stairs leading into the water.

Makes me miss the Sapphire all the more. Dang I miss that pool.

I see that now. At first it looked like the ladder in the other pools, but now I can see that the railing extends out and there are stairs. This looks like the perfect pool for the OP's wife.

No need to use those steps.

You can get to the pool through a door in the spa area.

That's true. But the OP stated that his wife is mobility impaired and needs stairs to enter and exit the pool. It looks from my photo that you can't use those pool stairs from the spa area. It appears that the stairs can only be easily accessed from Deck 15 above.

That's true. But the OP stated that his wife is mobility impaired and needs stairs to enter and exit the pool. It looks from my photo that you can't use those pool stairs from the spa area. It appears that the stairs can only be easily accessed from Deck 15 above.

The doors from the SPA to the pool area are on the same level as the pool and then you can walk around the pool as needed to get to the steps into the pool.

For all of you who answered this question. Apparantly, and I had never considered this on previous trips when Betty had full mobility, cruise ships operating out of US ports do not have to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Interesting thought!!:D

For all of you who answered this question. Apparantly, and I had never considered this on previous trips when Betty had full mobility, cruise ships operating out of US ports do not have to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Interesting thought!!:D

The newer the ship, the more features for those who have mobility probelms. For example, on the newest ships all the doors to the outside on the promenade deck open automatically. Another example on the newer shyips is an ADA complient elevator to the Sanctuary level.

the newer the ship, the more features for those who have mobility probelms. For example, on the newest ships all the doors to the outside on the promenade deck open automatically. Another example on the newer shyips is an ada complient elevator to the sanctuary level.

thanks again for your prompt response. Much appreciated:)

Archived