Carnival Paradise

58Piano

Planning to book a Sept cruise. We have been sailing on Princess. Did Carnival many years ago. What is this ship like? We are in our mid fifties. We do not drink or party. Would we still like this ship?

Also how do you get to the Adult Serenity area? I see on the deck plans it is behind a theater. Does the elevator get you there? Is this area have shaded lounge chairs? Is there a fee to use this area like on Princess?

Does Carnival have a soda card you can purchase for unlimited sodas and mock cocktails? Price?

Does one of the lounges have slow dance music at night?

Best shore excursion for Cozumel and Grand Caymen?

We love to go to Passion Island in Cozumel. Do they still offer this one?

Also can you recommend a place to park the vehicle for the week?

Something like Park and Go in Ft Lauderdale?

Do not know what to use in Tampa port.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Its one of the two Fantasy class ships that was on the West coast when the rest of fantasy class got updated and got waterworks. It has one tiny pool, nothing like Princess or RCL for instance, but you said you did Carnival before so I guess you are aware how small the pools are and that this is a smaller older ship.

Some like older ships, less walking for instance and you can get to know more fellow pax and run into them.

No bells and whistles.

You say the serenity area is behind a theater?? its in the aft right below the Lido buffet.

Has two hot tubs as I remember it and lounge chairs. Its just a kaorke type lounge and there are doors in the back or you can walk down to it from the lido area.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival%20Paradise

Id have to look it up as you dont say which port you are leaving from and dont remember they move ships around so much. .. Im sure someone else might know off the top of their head as you dont say which port or I missed it.

OK I looked it up and seems like you are asking about Tampa??

I have this link

http://www.visittampabay.com/visitors/cruise/cruise-specials/

but I found it much cheaper to stay at a hotel near the airport. Trying to remember which moderate one I stayed at as it had parking and a shuttle for about $10 pp. I also stayed at Sheraton Suites and I think it was the airport Hilton? something 3 star with a huge tv.

I decided not to stay downtown at the cruise specials because to get those hotels it would have been more than $50 more and I could take a shuttle or taxi for much less from just as nice of a airport hotel. I paid seems like $53 to $58 for the 3 hotels I did stay at and the cheaper one had a good happy hour, not but one star, walk up rooms from a outside corridor, but it had a shuttle to the port and the others did not. It also included breakfast. I did love the Sheraton Suites which I got as a blind hotel on hotwire. I dont know that it includes airport free parking, but I would check out airport hotels, not just the ones with cruise specials.

"Paradise" is a great ship, with an outstanding crew and excellent food. Entertainment is better than most, as the ship hasn't had the "2.0 upgrade" yet, so you'll see a full cast of dancers, singers, and musicians. Serenity area is one deck below Lido, and can be reached by walking aft, through the "Queen Mary Lounge" and through the doors at either side of that lounge, or just descending the stairs at the aft end of the Lido deck. There are shady areas, usually, and two hot tubs, as well as the usual cushioned loungers for sunning. I often park at "241 Car Services" which has a lot just a few blocks North of the port, (they also have a lot near Tampa International Airport, so make sure you're booking "Port of Tampa" Parking ) and is about half price of the port parking. They've given me good service in the past, and have a free shuttle to, and from the ship, every fifteen minutes or so.

I'll be sailing "Paradise" again on August 19th. Hope to see you aboard! :cool:

"SKY"

this is serentiy on elation, the other ship like paradise without waterworks, same class. Its close to 5 pm here so people have left to get ready for dinner is why its deserted. Im standing in the aft of the lido buffet to take this picture.

Picture118.jpg

"Paradise" is a great ship, with an outstanding crew and excellent food. Entertainment is better than most, as the ship hasn't had the "2.0 upgrade" yet, so you'll see a full cast of dancers, singers, and musicians. Serenity area is one deck below Lido, and can be reached by walking aft, through the "Queen Mary Lounge" and through the doors at either side of that lounge, or just descending the stairs at the aft end of the Lido deck. There are shady areas, usually, and two hot tubs, as well as the usual cushioned loungers for sunning. I often park at "241 Car Services" which has a lot just a few blocks North of the port, (they also have a lot near Tampa International Airport, so make sure you're booking "Port of Tampa" Parking ) and is about half price of the port parking. They've given me good service in the past, and have a free shuttle to, and from the ship, every fifteen minutes or so.

I'll be sailing "Paradise" again on August 19th. Hope to see you aboard! :cool:

"SKY"

I second this statement. The Paradise is a great ship! We just sailed on her 2 weeks ago. It was our first time on a Fantasy class ship. We had no complaints.

You can also get to the Serenity deck by going down steps from the Lido deck at the back of the ship. And the Serenity deck is free.

We are sailing the Paradise again in a few weeks..love her...have been on over 30 cruises..all lines but when I just want to get away from everything I love the small Fantasy class ships. Plus it's only a half hour from home! The ship is very clean and the crew is amazing..this will be my Platinum cruise and I can't wait!

Archived